Iain Mckenzie - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Iain Mckenzie

EanieMeany

I see our clown of an MP has been greeting and moaning about Tesco having a knife promotion, as apparently the average blade-wielder spends £100 to get a chef's knife on the cheap.

Maybe this buffoon should actually do something worthwhile instead of indulging in this kind of grandstanding idiot politics.

Thoughts?

AWMSC

I see our clown of an MP has been greeting and moaning about Tesco having a knife promotion, as apparently the average blade-wielder spends £100 to get a chef's knife on the cheap.

Maybe this buffoon should actually do something worthwhile instead of indulging in this kind of grandstanding idiot politics.

Thoughts?

My reply on the DR website is still there..

Does our local MP honestly believe that local knife carrying neds will be avidly shopping at Tesco to save up for a set of kitchen knives??? Does Mr McKenzie not realise that kitchens are usually stocked with knives and the availability is not the issue here??? Minimum sentences Mr McKenzie!! ONLY real answer to the crime. p.s Where are all the jobs you promised???

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Worst of it is I know his dad and he is a lovely man...his sons not a bad man, just a ****ing clown!!!

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Is this the first input this nobody MP has had since being elected by the fruitloops of Inverclyde??

Aside from his promise of jobs i've heard hee haw until he took offence to a supermarket selling kitchen knives!! He must have thought to himself that he needed to court publicity in case we all thought he may actually be a tailors dummy or even worse, dead!

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

A top notch MP who has his finger on the pulse of the area. Dedicated, intuitive an all round good egg.

The guy is a slug!! Interested in only one person! <_>

RIP New Order...

This is the worst inverclyde story yet :angry:

I wonder if the cruise ship passengers will know they have sailed into a town where the populace can't be trusted to take part in a supermarket offer in case we rip each-other to shreds. It's for our own good.

Thanks Mr. Mckenzie, now get off yer ****ing soapbox and sort out some jobs ya plamph.

This is the worst inverclyde story yet :angry:

I wonder if the cruise ship passengers will know they have sailed into a town where the populace can't be trusted to take part in a supermarket offer in case we rip each-other to shreds. It's for our own good.

Thanks Mr. Mckenzie, now get off yer ****ing soapbox and sort out some jobs ya plamph.

They could tell the passengers they've docked at a town specifically created as a reconstruction of wartime Britain. Ooops, shouldn't have said that, I'm going to Cappielow today. :lol:

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Words actually fail me with clowns like McKenzie. I was going to say the people of Inverclyde deserve what we get.... :angry:

Perhaps if we continually vote for Labour politicians who rely on sound bites to fool people then perhaps we do deserve what we get after all.

Prescott said during the Inverclyde election. "I am delighted to be out and about in Inverclyde today supporting Iain McKenzie to be a strong, local voice in Westminster.

It's about jobs, jobs, jobs. Unemployment here is too high."

Well until his latest soundbite about a knife promotion, I've not heard a peep from McKenzie since the election. And as for the "jobs jobs jobs" enough said.....

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

To some extent you get what you vote for, and I'm afraid many people in Greenock and Inverclyde are selectively taken in by such gimmick politics - even if this latest one is so bizarre that it has backfired.

It's a bit weird to say the least to have complaints about gimmick policies one moment and then talk about a better option being minimum sentencing the next. When was that found in any study to be an effective solution to the west of Scotland's knife culture? There were equally, if not more brutal razor gangs kicking around the same largely working-class parts of the country in the 1920s, despite draconian sentencing policies at the time. Sentencing is the last and by far the worst means society has to engage with ****wits who go carry dangerous weapons.

The local paper tried to jump on the bandwagon of this flawed policy and has been peddling it for years, and people wonder why we now have a local MP who is so dense he thinks that if he just pushes any button of outrage regarding knives that it'll make him look good.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Well until his latest soundbite about a knife promotion, I've not heard a peep from McKenzie since the election. And as for the "jobs jobs jobs" enough said.....

To be fair, no MP can credibly claim to deliver many 'jobs' for their constituency. The fault lies with McKenzie's ability to get voted in on such a preposterous claim, and why his opponents failed to shoot such nonsense down in flames. Probably because they were peddling the same s***e themselves.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

To be fair, no MP can credibly claim to deliver many 'jobs' for their constituency. The fault lies with McKenzie's ability to get voted in on such a preposterous claim, and why his opponents failed to shoot such nonsense down in flames. Probably because they were peddling the same s***e themselves.

I don't disagree with what you say - spot on.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

To some extent you get what you vote for, and I'm afraid many people in Greenock and Inverclyde are selectively taken in by such gimmick politics - even if this latest one is so bizarre that it has backfired.

It's a bit weird to say the least to have complaints about gimmick policies one moment and then talk about a better option being minimum sentencing the next. When was that found in any study to be an effective solution to the west of Scotland's knife culture? There were equally, if not more brutal razor gangs kicking around the same largely working-class parts of the country in the 1920s, despite draconian sentencing policies at the time. Sentencing is the last and by far the worst means society has to engage with ****wits who go carry dangerous weapons.

The local paper tried to jump on the bandwagon of this flawed policy and has been peddling it for years, and people wonder why we now have a local MP who is so dense he thinks that if he just pushes any button of outrage regarding knives that it'll make him look good.

good post.

Anyone remember the hue and cry (feck off flyerTon) with the mural about knife crime. The indignation of the community to this shameful depiction, pity no one is so vocal about the actual carrying of offensive weapons.

The problem with the candidates is the other parties don't believe they will overturn the red rosette mentality so they put up people who don't engage enough to persuade the electorate to change their vote. It is changing and no doubt party loyalty as a lifelong allegiance will be a thing of the past.

Simple reason why minimum sentencing would be a success.

See people who carry a blade because its like a badge, many of them would baulk at 2 years in the jail.

Yes, the crackpots will continue to carry but i'd bet every last penny that the majority would bin the blade for fear of the sentences...sure, some decent young folk would be made an example of but I've said it before and I'll repeat. if we set minimum sentences it would need a high profile ad campaign advising that from a certain date there after the carrying of a knife with due reason will automatically carry a 2 year sentence. No excuses.

The very least it would achieve is to get knife carriers off our streets for a set period of time...most at the moment do not even receive a custodial sentence.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

See people who carry a blade because its like a badge, many of them would baulk at 2 years in the jail.

Yes, the crackpots will continue to carry but i'd bet every last penny that the majority would bin the blade for fear of the sentences...sure, some decent young folk would be made an example of but I've said it before and I'll repeat. if we set minimum sentences it would need a high profile ad campaign advising that from a certain date there after the carrying of a knife with due reason will automatically carry a 2 year sentence. No excuses.

The very least it would achieve is to get knife carriers off our streets for a set period of time...most at the moment do not even receive a custodial sentence.

More likely to recieve a custodial here than in England and Wales

What do you base that on? Have you seen how successful stop and search hasn't been in london?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

More likely to recieve a custodial here than in England and Wales

I have no interest on the success or not down south.

What do you base that on? Have you seen how successful stop and search hasn't been in london?

As above.

We have plenty of stop and searches in Invercyde also. Its reduced the carrying (as the stats prove) but has not went any way to reduce it to the overall level clowns prepared to take the risk... blade carriers were pariahs in my day. (right enough, it was us young folk who hounded knife carriers)

Do we honestly think that we can reduce this scourge of our society to an 'acceptable' level by media campaigns and just saying 'don't do it'? in my opinion, NO. Mandatory minimum sentences are required. I don't care if we had to lock up blade carrier after blade carrier...the more blade carriers off our streets the better our society may get along.

carry, 2 years.

threaten or attempt to use, 5 years.

use, even at a mimium, 7 years.

I'd like to ask those who are so sure they are right and everyone else is wrong, have you ever had to face or tackle someone brandishing a blade?? If not, i hope you don't ever have to, but your mindset may change slightly if it ever does happen.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived