Next Season - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Next Season

Mr.Blue

Weatherson is at very best a stop gap. Anyone fancy telling us when he last had more than a couple of good games in a row? Aye, exactly. He does alright now and again when he's filling in, but as we seen on Saturday it was no more than that, he was rotten.

I think if Morton insists on once again renewing Weatherson's contract I'll not bother with my season ticket next year, having guys like is nothing less than definitive proof that Morton has no desire whatsoever to compete for the title.

AWMSC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we can afford a similar contract, even if Moore was silly enough to want to keep him on.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Weatherson is at very best a stop gap. Anyone fancy telling us when he last had more than a couple of good games in a row? Aye, exactly. He does alright now and again when he's filling in, but as we seen on Saturday it was no more than that, he was rotten.

I think if Morton insists on once again renewing Weatherson's contract I'll not bother with my season ticket next year, having guys like is nothing less than definitive proof that Morton has no desire whatsoever to compete for the title.

Laid on the goal.. Could not really be blamed for any of theirs.. Might have been rotten in your eyes. but there was a lot worse..

But like the poster above said hes still scored more goals the Macdonald since September some time.

Im not suggesting he should get a new contract based on what he did 5 years ago. However, what he did 5 years ago proves he is a prolific goal scorer. He should be given a new contract as he offers us something that the other 3 strikers don't. He's also good to have in the squad for the younger players as he talks people through games.

Peters attitude is 1 million times better thant that of Macdonald or Jackson.

McDonald has been an embarassment recently spending most of the games falling on his a$se and trying to con the officials and not being very good at it. Jackson looks unfit. Weatherson's class showed when he came on at half time at Fir Park. I hope he is here next season. Can't say that about many of the team at the moment. Agree with his attitude just wish the rest of the team showed the same.

For all that they haven't quite lived up to expectations, they've managed 12 goals each so far this season, and that's with 12 games to go. The most any of our strikers have scored in a season since we came back up has been 12 (Wake in 08/09, Weatherson in 09/10). MacDonald's gone a ridiculous amount of time without scoring right enough, and Jackson isn't getting a game at the moment, but it's still far from a bad record; they could both easily end up outscoring all strikers from previous seasons in the First Division.

How many league goals have McDonald and Jackson scored? I bet it's not nice reading... :unsure:

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I agree on MacDonald, he certainly is past his prime, but I think he's still good enough to make a contribution as a regular starter at this level, while Weatherson no longer has the ability to start regularly. MacDonald should definitely be dropped on current form though.

I suppose you think Monti's a better player than Allan Jenkins too? :lol:

Difficult to compare as they were different type of players. Although I wasn't Jenkins biggest fan and he was most definitely over-rated (imo) I wouldn't mind him in the team at the moment.

Laid on the goal.. Could not really be blamed for any of theirs.. Might have been rotten in your eyes. but there was a lot worse..

I don't agree. He was woeful from the start. Useless and a complete waste of a jersey.

Let's face it, we've not had a striker who's got anywhere near close to a good enough tally since we got promoted, the only person who's really done the business when needed was Brian Wake! No doubting that the McDonalds of this world are talented individuals, but ultimately football is played on the pitch and what they are returning just isn't good enough. It's just as well O'Brien is chipping in with a good number of goals for a winger, because the strikers aren't doing much in the way of striking. Although maybe they'd be as well on a picket line...

As for Weatherson, again no doubting that he's a very able player technically and mentally, but his complete lack of pace and mobility render all of that useless except in small flashes. It's nowhere near enough over 90 minutes, far less a season.

AWMSC

In recent years I have never been a 'King Peter' fan.

Yes he was rotten on Saturday really bad and getting caught out of position.

However in his defence I have to say that he was played out of position, it may be OK for one game having him as a central defender but after that teams who have done their homework will know he is the weaklink.

And Hamilton exploited that on Saturday.

As I said I'm not a Peter fan, but on Saturday he was out played of position and the person to blame for that is our manager.

I'm sure that there must be a youth player that is a natural central defender that could have played.

Archived