Next Season - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Next Season

Mr.Blue

If Carlo Monti was more productive, why did no senior side offer him a contract?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Carlo Monti was more productive, why did no senior side offer him a contract?

Who knows but he was more productive than some of the rubbish we have at the moment and we would be at least 4 points better off as he would have tucked away the 2 penalties that we have missed in the last few games. Monti was far more productive and tried harder than a lot of the current squad eg the lazy can't be ar£ed DiGac.

Who knows

I know. It's because he's s***e and offers nothing to a football team.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Allow me to fill you in on the program from here. Having made no improvements to our squad in January, we will lose our best players in the summer and will cut the budget further. This process will continue for the next one to three years until we are relegated, We then start over in the Second Division and try to bounce back up.

That is what is going to happen. I suggest people prepare themselves for the highs and lows that this is going to bring, right now.

Yep, agree with this.

budget will be cut, having said that it will be the case with many of our peers. Problem is, do we have the ability to adapt? Are we able to bring in the necessary expreience to bring on young players like OWare and Little. Do we have the faith in our youth set up to blood a right mid in front of ineffectual dross like mcgeouch and di giacomo? If we keep as now, then we have a high turn over of players every couple of years since we are only offering year contracts. Falkirk, County and Dundee are up there due to stable squad with a couple of important signings.

has Moore got the nous to plan accordingly? His squad was blatabtly lopsided with no cover on the left and no real right back to start and in fact, no right midfielder either. His ability to spot a player on a budget is somewhat of a concern. Andy Graham is all....

mibby next season may not be so boring but mibby not for all the right reasons.

Standing over the free kick at the end of the game I was thinking that if Monti was taking it he would have scored. For all his faults he was more productive than a lot of the current squad especially Obrien on the left wing.

What?! Yeah, Monti could take a good freekick and penalty, and I thought he was better than a lot of people on here made him out to be, but more productive than O'Brien? Don't talk pish. He couldn't cross the ball from open play, he couldn't beat a man, he couldn't score from open play. All of which O'Brien can do, despite his poor performance yesterday.

Given the choice I'd have him over Forsyth at left back, but he still isn't good enough for the First Division.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I genuinely wouldn't be remotely bothered if all but Evans and O'Brien ****ed off. This current mob are rotten as a unit, I'm sick to death of reaching roughly this stage of a season and just wishing it would finish and we could ship out a host of wasters. I'd happily lose Moore too, his team is a spineless, aimless mess, I really don't know what he's trying to achieve, but whatever it is it isn't working and there's no signs at all that he can fix it.

I'm not sure what O'Brien done particularly wrong yesterday either, he put in a few decent crosses, the problem was more than McDonald couldn't be arsed attacking them. He can be the first one to sling his hook, his ability could have him playing anywhere he wanted if he wasn't such a spineless, workshy tit.

I'm totally scunnered with Morton, it's the same old s***e every season.

AWMSC

Definitely would like to keep:

O'Ware

Evans

Bachirou

Tidser

MacDonald

Jackson

Campbell

Definitely want rid of:

Stewart

McGinley

Graham

McGeough

Di Giacamo

Weatherson

Everyone else, I'm not really fussed either way. Maybe keep Smyth and O'Brien too.

This.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Of the current first team squad, and not because they are great by any means but because they are the best of a bad bunch, I'd keep:

Goalkeeper - Matt McGinley (he's on next to nothing, or nothing if he's still amateur)

Defenders - Thomas O'Ware, Grant Evans, Marc Smyth

Midfielders - David O'Brien, Michael Tidser, Fouad Bachirou

Forwards - Archie Campbell

The rest are either not good enough (i.e. McGeouch, Forsyth), easily replaceable (i.e. Di Giacomo, Young) or not worth the money they get paid (i.e. MacDonald, Jackson).

I'd punt obrien to ****. A few goals doesn't hide the fact that he can't beat a man or put a ball into the box. He also got bullied today by a young boy who looked as if he just came off his mothers tit and then decided not to track back.

It absolutely does hide the fact. The return we've got from O'Brien this season's been excellent. A definite must keep and to say otherwise is madness. Name another left winger in the league who's scored as many as Obri? I've not checked but I bet there's nobody comes close.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

O'Brien's goal: our centre forwards seemed unable to make the kind of run he did for his goal, so why on earth you'd want to lose a winger who can do that kind of thing is beyond me.

And his goals don't really hide the fact, because it isn't a fact at all.

Aye, that's what I meant. :)

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It absolutely does hide the fact. The return we've got from O'Brien this season's been excellent. A definite must keep and to say otherwise is madness. Name another left winger in the league who's scored as many as Obri? I've not checked but I bet there's nobody comes close.

Ryan Conroy is the only one who even comes close.

I would bin Stewart, mcginnlay, graham, Forsyth, weatherson, mcgeouch, Di Giacamo, McDonald and young.

If we could get a decent sum of money for Tidser I would take it as well.

Between now and the end of the season lets see what the youth team has. There's surely got to be someone that can play right mid.

Of the current first team squad, and not because they are great by any means but because they are the best of a bad bunch, I'd keep:

Goalkeeper - Matt McGinley (he's on next to nothing, or nothing if he's still amateur)

Defenders - Thomas O'Ware, Grant Evans, Marc Smyth

Midfielders - David O'Brien, Michael Tidser, Fouad Bachirou

Forwards - Archie Campbell

The rest are either not good enough (i.e. McGeouch, Forsyth), easily replaceable (i.e. Di Giacomo, Young) or not worth the money they get paid (i.e. MacDonald, Jackson).

Basically I agree with you. Macdonald isn't scoring goals and that's what he should be doing. Jackson seems to be not as good as he was when he was at Dunfermline although he has shown some ability in flashes. I think our tactics might be a major factor in the lack of goals from these guys as we seem to resort to hoofing it into the area too often and neither of them are much good in the air. DG has rarely shown much since August and his signing has been a mistake.

I see we had Ramsay and Kasubandi on the bench yesterday. I hope these guys, and Little, get some game time because they will be in our first team next season in all likelihood.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I've officially given up on Moore and hope he's gone before next season. I can take us losing goals like the 1st goal yesterday with the makeshift defence we have.

But for the rest of the team to put in the performace like they did in the 1st half was just unacceptable, and it's not just a one off this season.

We have already had apologies from Moore from the Motherwell game, and we could have been beaten in similar style had we played a team of quality on Saturday. Hamiton manager Reid said it could have been 4 or 5 in the 1st half. Their keeper didn't make a save the whole game. It's fekin Hamiton we were playing FFS!

I don't like the style of play Moore has us playing, he seems to lack any tactical awareness, his team under-perform on a regular basis and his assembled squad for our defensive line up is embarrassing.

He put all his money on McDonald & Jackson hitting 20 goals a piece and almost ignored our defensive set up.

He signed an off form goalie with a rookie as back up. Something that's really cost us dearly this season.

He signed part-time Forsyth who's been poor up till now. Whether he comes good now that he's injury free remains to be seen.

He signed Graham as a RB. Did he not know of his lack of pace? When he was found out he put him in a CB role which he hasn't really adapted to.

He got lucky with O'Ware. I'm sure that lad wasn't part of his plans pre-season.

Nearly 2 years on and I don't see any real improvement in the teams performace at all. In fact some of the worst Morton performances have happened this season.

I really don't see him turning this around, and we will see more mediocre to absolute dire games from now till the end of season.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

The only people im particularly bothered about staying would be Tids, Fred and at a push Archie. i would like Peter weatherson to stay as well as he adds the mental stength to the team and is a good all round team player.

Colin Stewart- I like the guy and deep down know theres a good keeper in there. Unfortunately he's been prone to a mistake.

Smyth- Over rated imo. I think he's a bombscare.

Graham- Good ton man, but not good enough. Or at least he hasn't shown it this season.

Evans- Hes been much improved this season, but still makes mistakes. I'd keep him at a push.

O'ware- Young and still inexperienced. I'm sure he will make a good pro in the future.

Di giac- Not interested, get him to F**k.

Mcgeough- Great passer of the ball but has struggled this season. He will be away.

Fred- Can't really fault him.

Tidser- Lazy Barsteward at times, but we dont have anyone near as creative as him.

Obrien- I like him and feel he get's a lot of un deserved stick. I wouldn't mind him staying.

Young- Played well against Falkirk but hasn't did much else.

Weatherson- Nice guy, great pro. I would like to see him stay as he adds a strong mentality to the team. He is also good for a goal.

Archie- Fast, lievely but lacks the finishing experience. I'm sure he will do well for our club given the chance.

Peaso- I like him but i get the feeling sometimes hes uninterested.

Jackson- I like him as well but he spends more time on the floor than on his feet.

I think the real problem lies with Dougie. He doesn't want us to go the SPL. We reach a certain point every season, usually Christmas, and the s*** hits the fan. Conveniently. I think he calls too many shots, he needs to take a step back and let people do their jobs.

When Moore was brought in he was given three years to get us to the SPL, this season being the second. I really can't see him doing it next year. He will need to re-assemble a whole new defence and part of a midefield in close season and to get that up and running properly in time for a new campaign is a big ask.

I honestly think that Morton reaching the SPL would do a lot worse than what it would good. Dougie knows that, hence why we won't be going there anytime soon. We are stuck in a 1st division mediocrity rut.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

My second controversial post of the morning - I'd keep most of the squad. Frankly, taking a more balanced view than is easy after Saturday's game, I reckon most of the squad have some potential - our biggest problems have been caused by an unlucky run of injuries (how many defenders can you lose to injury in one season?) compounded by probably having too small a squad overall.

A few players will leave, and a few will be allowed to go, but I still believe the basic core is there. And I'm totally fed up of the squad being in upheaval every year - that can't help things, and frankly as a fan I find it difficult to engage with a complete squad of strangers every summer. Some continuity would be good.

I'd say we need to add about four good players (one in each of keeper and defence, two in midfield) plus a few rising stars to pad out the bench, and clear out enough to make space for that to happen. That probably means the following going for one reason or another: McGinley, McCaffrey, DiGiacomo (unless he can recapture his earlier form), Young (if he remains injury prone). I suspect others might go (eg MacDonald) in which case they need to be replaced like-for-like. I hope we're in the queue at Murray Park for some Rangers youngsters.

My second controversial post of the morning - I'd keep most of the squad. Frankly, taking a more balanced view than is easy after Saturday's game, I reckon most of the squad have some potential - our biggest problems have been caused by an unlucky run of injuries (how many defenders can you lose to injury in one season?) compounded by probably having too small a squad overall.

A few players will leave, and a few will be allowed to go, but I still believe the basic core is there. And I'm totally fed up of the squad being in upheaval every year - that can't help things, and frankly as a fan I find it difficult to engage with a complete squad of strangers every summer. Some continuity would be good.

I'd say we need to add about four good players (one in each of keeper and defence, two in midfield) plus a few rising stars to pad out the bench, and clear out enough to make space for that to happen. That probably means the following going for one reason or another: McGinley, McCaffrey, DiGiacomo (unless he can recapture his earlier form), Young (if he remains injury prone). I suspect others might go (eg MacDonald) in which case they need to be replaced like-for-like. I hope we're in the queue at Murray Park for some Rangers youngsters.

I don't think you're far wrong there. Young and Di Giac are nothing special and should be allowed to leave. our youth players will be a year older and more experienced. Looks like Caff is finished through injury and we need to get in a central defender who can fill his role. Up front I would like to see a big strong centre forward with pace but no idea where we'll find that. Oh yes, and if we want to win the title we must get a decent keeper. I'd also like to see a hard man in midfield, and if we could keep Fred and Tidser that would give us a reasonable chance of competing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

If we stay FT <_>

I'd keep.

O'Ware

Smyth

Evans

Weatherson

Tidser

Bachirou

MacDonald

Campbell

Jackson

and thats it

This, although I'd only keep one of Jackson and Campbell. They're too similar and at times I think we need a different option up front.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived