Bye Bye Allan Moore - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bye Bye Allan Moore

Mr.Blue

On paper we have a team that should be top half of the league. its blatantly obvious where the team needs strengthened and he isnt doing the business.

youve had long enough to improve the team and done very little. do the right thing and resign before we are in a serious relegation battle

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe Moore will go anywhere before the end of season. Remember Dougie has already given him a vote of confidence before the Dundee game. Not surprising really as he was Dougie's man and he won't readily admit he got it wrong - again.

Although in saying that most of fans opinion was we probably needed an experienced Manager. So blaming Dougie is a bit harsh.

Moore's biggest downfall is the defence. He was given a clean sheet and basically made a mess of it. He signed an inept goal-keeper without proper back up.

Remember Stewart had already been dropped by him for poor form at the end of last season. Who on Earth rewards a player who's played that bad he gets dropped with a new contract?

We also didn't sign decent fullbacks. Forsyth looked pretty dreadful in his games before injury and I can't wait till he returns :unsure:

Right back was going to be either Evans and Graham, both CB's. The only good thing about the defence was the pairing of Smyth and McCaffery.

The midfield looked decent enough with Tids, Fred and O'Brien & DiGiac either side. He took a gamble with Fitz which unfortunately didn't pay off. I thought he was right at the time to take a chance on him.

Up front we had a great strike force. McDonald, Jackson, Campbell and Peter.

All in all apart from the defence we have a decent line up albeit with a small squad. But the defence was to quite quickly be our archilles heel and Moore done nothing about it, still hasn't.

He doesn't seem to know what to do about it. At one point our small squad had 4 keepers.

Today we played with 4 centre backs and a keeper who has had a horrendous season. Why did Moore sign another midfielder and not do something about our inept defence?

I've been saying it for a while that our defence could land us in big trouble. How much trouble remains to be seen....

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Not time for this yet. Give him the summer to work with the defence, and reevaluate at the end of his contract. Can't afford to throw money at a pay-off.

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

I'm sure we all know this wasn't Moore's worst defeat in the Scottish Cup (same with Obri and Graham), Ross County beat them 9-0 three years ago. Stirling took the occasional hammering when he was with them. 6-0 a couple of times, 6-1 a couple of times and a fair few 4s and 5s against them. He seems to have continued the trend with us. At times the team just falls apart, it has happened against QotS a couple of times, against ICT least season and PT this season. We have a team with some good players and some pretty rotten players, but he stuggles to get the best out of them as a team on a consistent basis. He doesn't seem to have a clear vision for his team, and some of his decisions (like not having a player on the post at corners) seem ill-judged; especially as it is clear we struggle to win the ball in the air! His comments in the press recently have also be quite embarrassing.

IMO he should be given until the end of the season to get us moving in the right direction though. I've grown weary of seeing new managers, and I have little optimism for any new manager. Moore has 3 months to get us to to start playing as a team, and picking up some wins on the bounce (we have still not won 3 league games in a row under Moore). I just hope he can begin to get us to perform.

The most important thing is to start to win home matches. Our home record is awful; Cappielow is becoming a place to pick up easy points, that's not good enough. This is Moore's team, he brought them here, he trains them - it's his responsibilty to get them to win matches, play with more intensity, stop conceding goals from crosses and corners (and so on).

But I have no enthuaism left for another new manager.

Beyond half way through his second season and we've seen absolutely no signs of progress, the team isn't good enough and clearly the managerial skills on show aren't quite good enough. Time for someone else to have a go at f*cking things up.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Was texting Centralton after the game saying how my previously unwavering belief in Moore has now turned about 90 degrees. I don't think it's time for him to go yet and like a previous poster I have no appetite whatsoever for more managerial upheaval. We had some fantastic free flowing footy at the start of the season but with the way we setup we were likely to receive the odd doing, however now we look like we could get hammered every week with absolutely no sign of the flowing passing game. I worry how the partick result has had such an impact on us -doesn't say much for the spine of our team.

Might as well get behind the team next week rather than turning on the manager the way we have with the past 3 guys

The 90 year record of not beating Motherwell in the Scottish Cup remains intact. To be honest I was thinking we would get horsed 5-0 after the QofS defeat so 6-0 doesn't come as a surprise.

2007 and the 2-0 defeat looks not too bad in comparison.

Was texting Centralton after the game saying how my previously unwavering belief in Moore has now turned about 90 degrees. I don't think it's time for him to go yet and like a previous poster I have no appetite whatsoever for more managerial upheaval. We had some fantastic free flowing footy at the start of the season but with the way we setup we were likely to receive the odd doing, however now we look like we could get hammered every week with absolutely no sign of the flowing passing game. I worry how the partick result has had such an impact on us -doesn't say much for the spine of our team.

Might as well get behind the team next week rather than turning on the manager the way we have with the past 3 guys

I've said it before I missed the first eight games of the season. My first game was the cup humiliation at Hamilton.

I found it hard to believe we had been so good. OK we humped Stranraer, Alloa and Forfar. So what? We got a draw at Dingwall and Kirkcaldy and we won at Dundee.

I wanted to believe but my eyes told me otherwise. Sadly the proof was in the eating. I said then I didn't think we would be in the top two or the bottom two. Now I am less sure. Ninth or even tenth now looks possible ..................FT

Stu, I was happy to keep you updated with the game, but to be honest, there was no contest after that first corner and it was all downhill from there. Most gutless performance I've witnessed for a long time, yet Keir still wants to go to Dingwall for a Tuesday night game. I've created a Monster. :lol:

My first game was the cup humiliation at Hamilton.

How on earth was a 2-1 defeat to a recently relegated SPL side a 'humiliation'? In what way, or are you just talking utter, utter s***e?

Any new manager will simply be asked to gradually manage our decline into the Second Division. Success, even relative 'success' of having four years in the first, comes in cycles, we are heading down not this year, but within three.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes....in total agreement with Mr Blue, that was bad yesterday, really, really bad. And we were half cut as well.

God only knows how anyone could have sat through that sober.....

He's built his own team

I gave him time

He talks a good game

But ultimately.......

He's had his day, he's a tosser, he must go now.......

JJ

How on earth was a 2-1 defeat to a recently relegated SPL side a 'humiliation'? In what way, or are you just talking utter, utter s***e?

In the precise manner of the defeat. Having taken a 1-0 lead we proceeded to lose two absolutely stupid goals from set pieces. Defence totally disorganised and we had virtually no attempts afterwards to equalise. Total lack of effort. The calibre of the opposition is irrelevant. The Morton performance was humiliating.

No I am not talking utter s***e. Are you? ..........................FT

Guest David Edwards
In the precise manner of the defeat. Having taken a 1-0 lead we proceeded to lose two absolutely stupid goals from set pieces. Defence totally disorganised and we had virtually no attempts afterwards to equalise. Total lack of effort. The calibre of the opposition is irrelevant. The Morton performance was humiliating.

No I am not talking utter s***e. Are you? ..........................FT

Oh but it appears that perhaps you are Jim, at the very least you're lacking perspective. A 2-1 defeat can be classed as a disappointment but by any reasonable reckoning, a 6-0 defeat is a humiliation.

He has a long contract so I doubt that he will be going anywhere even after a heavy defeat. We started the season off so well and it's hard to believe how bad we are now we were utterly hopeless against Motherwell in the first half I can't say what we were like in the second as like most fans I had the sense to leave before they scored again.

We have some good players such as Fred and Tidser and a decent strikeforce in Jackson, Campbell, Mcdonald and Weatherson but the problem is with the defence. We have one of the worst keepers I have ever seen at Morton Colin Stawert is hopeless he gives the defence no confidence what so ever and doesn't command his area at all get him out without a decent keeper we are going nowhere.

I don't think sacking Moore is the answer we should give him another season at least let him get rid of the dead wood around the club such as Stewart, and Graham and we can move on from there but right now sacking Moore isn't the answer.

We have a very small squad and have been plagued by injuries. When everyone was available we were getting good results and playing attractive football. We certainly need a commanding player to challenge in our own goalmouth and a goalkeeper who is prepared to come off his line.

Alan Moore was deservedly getting a lot of praise on this forum after the first quarter with people writing that it was the best side we had had for years. Now in spite of the injuries he is quite fairly getting criticised but out of all proportion.

With the very encouraging youth developments we can look forward with more confidence and we should be looking for a bit of stability.

It's not time for him to go anymore than it would have been right to give him an extended contract after the first quarter when we were top of the division.

Archived