Dropping Mcginlay - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dropping Mcginlay

Mr.Blue

Anyone know why McGinlay played last week, did ok and was then dropped today?

This isnt a dig at Stewart in any way (although I think he's a numpty) would just like to find out why the change in keepers? Cant be good for a team to change goalkeepers from one week to the next.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Anyone know why McGinlay played last week, did ok and was then dropped today?

This isnt a dig at Stewart in any way (although I think he's a numpty) would just like to find out why the change in keepers? Cant be good for a team to change goalkeepers from one week to the next.

I assume McGinlay was just given a game for some experience.

Wouldn't be good if Stewart was injured or suspended and we had to play a guy that had never played before.

Likewise, difficult for a young guy to keep motivated if it seems he has no chance of getting a game.

I reckon McGinlay was given the nod, and told that it was just one game for some experience with the plan always that Stewart would come back.

Means he can play without added pressure of feeling this is his 'one' chance, and just gets him a game under his belt.

Reckon he will play the Deveronvale cup tie as well.

We need an experienced keeper not a rookie. McGinlay could well make it at senior level I don't know.

But to pluck a player from junior to having him play as 1st choice keeper after being at the club for just a few weeks is a step too far, and unfair on the young keeper.

Stewart is not the answer either, but we are stuck with him for the forseeable future.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

We need an experienced keeper not a rookie. McGinlay could well make it at senior level I don't know.

But to pluck a player from junior to having him play as 1st choice keeper after being at the club for just a few weeks is a step too far, and unfair on the young keeper.

Stewart is not the answer either, but we are stuck with him for the forseeable future.

I know it's slightly different for goalkeepers than outfield players, but Partick took Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine straight from the juniors into the first team and they were both younger than McGinley is (he's 23).

I'd still take the gamble with McGinley than risk another game with Colin Stewart in goal. We had the problem with Carlin getting thrown in too early under Ally Maxwell, but McGinley is considerably older than Andy was, and has played in the first team for at least two junior sides (Vale of Clyde and Rutherglen Glencairn).

I know it's slightly different for goalkeepers than outfield players, but Partick took Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine straight from the juniors into the first team and they were both younger than McGinley is (he's 23).

I'd still take the gamble with McGinley than risk another game with Colin Stewart in goal. We had the problem with Carlin getting thrown in too early under Ally Maxwell, but McGinley is considerably older than Andy was, and has played in the first team for at least two junior sides (Vale of Clyde and Rutherglen Glencairn).

I'm tempted to agree. Even till we get to the transfer window

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Archived