Team Versus Hamilton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Team Versus Hamilton

BishopTon

Unless we get our act together this could be another humping

The team for Hamilton needs to be

Stewart

Evans Mcaffery Smyth Forsyth(No option)

Fred McCann DiGacamo

Weatherson Tidser

McDonald

The lack of a central Midfielder is killing us, Mensing could have a field day and we need to try to mark Imrie out the game, with the centre halves of Hamilton we will not win balls in the air for the forward(s) so we need to win the ball in the air at kick outs in midfield with Weatherson and get him to get Tisder(if fit) to bring people into the game, after we go 3 down we might change it, but apart from 2 forwards we dont have anyone else to put on to improve things.

Cue the comments

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

I have some questions.

Why are we dropping Andy Jackson to play Weatherson in an unfamiliar role behind the forward line? Going with a lone striker in a home match seems criminal when we've won all our home matches by attacking teams. I definitely do not think we need to sacrifice a striker to cover the defense appropriately, not at home anyway.

Why is Di Giacomo being played as a left-sided, defensive midfielder when he's generally used as a right winger?

Why not back to the team and formation that started the season solidly?

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

I would play 4-4-2 -

Stewart

Evans McCaffrey Smyth Forsyth

Di Giacomo Bachirou Tidser O'Brien

Jackson MacDonald

I think the last two away games where we have conceded nine goals proves that away from home we need to be packing the midfield by playing a 4-5-1 with McGeough coming in for one of the front two.

I have some questions.

Why are we dropping Andy Jackson to play Weatherson in an unfamiliar role behind the forward line? Going with a lone striker in a home match seems criminal when we've won all our home matches by attacking teams. I definitely do not think we need to sacrifice a striker to cover the defense appropriately, not at home anyway.

Why is Di Giacomo being played as a left-sided, defensive midfielder when he's generally used as a right winger?

Why not back to the team and formation that started the season solidly?

Against a decent team our midfield needs to have 5 in it. Simple as that.

Weatherson was a midfielder for QOS, not unfamiliar. He will add prescence and bite

Di Giacamo and McCann can swap, i thought he played on the left last night.

If we are doing OK, we change formation without changing personnel.

We must look at the opposition(and conditions) and not play a single formation/fixed personnel as this is why we have been pumped twice in 3 weeks.

I would play 4-4-2 -

Stewart

Jackson MacDonald

I think the last two away games where we have conceded nine goals proves that away from home we need to be packing the midfield by playing a 4-5-1 with McGeough coming in for one of the front two.

McGeough is p*sh though ? Last night Fred had do everything himself, not good enough...

I would play 4-4-2 -

Stewart

Jackson MacDonald

Spot on with line up

Stewart

Evans Smyth McCaffrey McCann

Di Giac Tidser Fred O'Brien

Mcdonald Weatherson

If Tidser isnt fit Id move mccann into the middle of the park and play forsyth

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Stewart

McCann Smyth McCaffrey Forsyth

DiGiac Fred Tidser O'Brien

Jackson MacDonald

... for me, anyway.

I simply don't understand anyone who wants to drop Jackson, who wants to start with Evans or Graham, or who wants to play Di Giacamo on the left of a midfield three with Peter Weatherson playing slightly in front in midfield (?!).

Evans started the season well at right back, before being needed at CB and getting praise for constantly gifting goals and generally being quite s***e. Now though, McCann is a better option and has been quite good.

The rest of that team doesn't really need any explanation.

TTG JIM!!!

Stewart

Jackson MacDonald

... for me, anyway.

I simply don't understand anyone who wants to drop Jackson, who wants to start with Evans or Graham, or who wants to play Di Giacamo on the left of a midfield three with Peter Weatherson playing slightly in front in midfield (?!).

Evans started the season well at right back, before being needed at CB and getting praise for constantly gifting goals and generally being quite s***e. Now though, McCann is a better option and has been quite good.

Simon Mensing will have a midfield Duo of Tidser and Fred in his back pocket, also unless we protect the defence from Imrie's runs, he will rip us for ar*e paper. I also don't understand why people dont see that

Unless we get our act together this could be another humping

The team for Hamilton needs to be

Stewart

Evans Mcaffery Smyth Forsyth(No option)

Fred McCann DiGacamo

Weatherson Tidser

McDonald

The lack of a central Midfielder is killing us, Mensing could have a field day and we need to try to mark Imrie out the game, with the centre halves of Hamilton we will not win balls in the air for the forward(s) so we need to win the ball in the air at kick outs in midfield with Weatherson and get him to get Tisder(if fit) to bring people into the game, after we go 3 down we might change it, but apart from 2 forwards we dont have anyone else to put on to improve things.

Cue the comments

Weatherson!! He's garbage. I'd rather have someone who is willing to do some work. Another passenger we don't need.

Weatherson!! He's garbage. I'd rather have someone who is willing to do some work. Another passenger we don't need.

Unadulterated p1sh.

Tids is out for two months unfortunately. Dont know if Moore will try and get a loan in.

Show Racism the Red Card

Bad news about Tidser.

We could do with a hardman in midfield as that's where we are getting over-run. Fred can't do it all on his own. We lack a sort of Alan Jenkins type, or McKenna as Moore wanted. Never found an alternative when McKenna changed his mind. Main thing to sort in the transfer window, or sooner if there is anyone out of contract that would fit the bill. Smyth doesn't work their except against really weak teams.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Surprisingly enough I think Weatherson could do a job in the centre of midfield. I know he was a bit anonymous there when tried before, but give strict instructions regarding his role could be the big body we need in there while Tidser's out. He certainly would offer more in an attacking sense than any other central midfield possibility we have available at the moment.

I'd love to have you both for dinner

Unadulterated p1sh.

Tids is out for two months unfortunately. Dont know if Moore will try and get a loan in.

I guess that's your opinion. I don't remember Peter playing well in midfield ever. He's slow, and unadulterated pish or not, he's lazy. If he'd been playing as a sub and putting in some performances, that may have been different. We're running out of midfield options. I'm hoping for an emergency loan until Christmas. IMHO, he's no longer a first team player.

With what I believe we will have available:

-----------------Stewart-----------------------

McCann----Smyth-----McCaffrey----Forsyth

--------------------Fred------------------------

Fitzharris---DiGiacomo--Weatherson---O'Brien

-------------------McDonald--------------------

If Moore does not feel Weatherson would have enough match fitness under his belt I would play McGeough. For me, both Weatherson and DiGiacomo have enough experience between them to slot into those roles and provide a threat from deep without the risk of us losing the midfield battle. Hamilton will not play with more than 1 player up front so having Weatherson in the midfield will provide a greater presence than McGeough.

This is all due to the fact that I think Smyth needs to be restored to central defence. The alternative would be to play McCann in a defensive midfield role which I believe he has done so before at Hibs.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

I would stick with a 4-4-2 formation against Hamiton. I don't think they offer anything up front in an attacking sense.

So why go defensive on them. Providing McCaffery is back and Smyth is alongside him them I feel we will handle the Hamilton attackers.

My team (assuming Tidser is out and McCaffery is back)

--------------Stewart------------------

Evans---Smyth---McCaffery---McCann

Di Giac--Fred---Weatherson---O'Brien

--------McDonald----Jackson--------

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Stewart

Jackson MacDonald

... for me, anyway.

Yes it does as O'Brian has been honcking all season. Fitzharris is a better bet on the left if DG is on the right as at least he can deliver a cross/corner whereas OB delivers not a lot.

Archived