Ton 3-2 Falkirk - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton 3-2 Falkirk

Mr.Blue

A keeper can handle the ball anywhere in the 18 yard box, INCLUDING the lines themselves. The linesare part of the box, if a foul occurs on the line it is a penalty. The deciding factor for whether the goalkeeper can handle the ball depends on the position of the ball, not the goalkeepers legs, feet or body. If the ball is in the box, he can handle it.

Little known other rule which is driving me crazy right now cos Premier/European refs are letting it go the whole time - ANY direct kick from inside the box HAS to leave the box before it is touched by another player. Think everyone knows that for goal kicks, but the same applies for fouls. A keeper can't put it down and knock it two yards to his full back/centre back etc. Number of times this is not picked up by a ref and up to four assistants is shocking !

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Little known other rule which is driving me crazy right now cos Premier/European refs are letting it go the whole time - ANY direct kick from inside the box HAS to leave the box before it is touched by another player. Think everyone knows that for goal kicks, but the same applies for fouls. A keeper can't put it down and knock it two yards to his full back/centre back etc. Number of times this is not picked up by a ref and up to four assistants is shocking !

That's a pretty s***ty rule. What if the goalkeeper slips as he makes contact with the ball and the ball doesn't make it out of the box? The rule you mention says a player can't touch that ball, and obviously the goalkeeper himself couldn't touch it again. :blink:

TTG JIM!!!

That's a pretty s***ty rule. What if the goalkeeper slips as he makes contact with the ball and the ball doesn't make it out of the box? The rule you mention says a player can't touch that ball, and obviously the goalkeeper himself couldn't touch it again. :blink:

It doesn't matter because the ball isn't effectively in play until it leaves the box. If any other player touches it in the box the free kick has to be retaken and if the keeper touches it again himself before it leaves the box I think the same applies. Mr Cobra will correct me if I'm wrong.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It doesn't matter because the ball isn't effectively in play until it leaves the box. If any other player touches it in the box the free kick has to be retaken and if the keeper touches it again himself before it leaves the box I think the same applies. Mr Cobra will correct me if I'm wrong.

You are 100% correct sir !

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Archived