Ton 3-2 Falkirk - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton 3-2 Falkirk

Mr.Blue

Ref's are supposed to stop play for a booking, and not play advantage. Precisely to stop retaliatory challenges.

No they aren't.

They're not supposed to play advantage if the "infringement warrants expulsion", but they can book a player after playing advantage. (FIFA Laws of the Game, page 68)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to ask earlier, who was their number 10? Higginbotham maybe? Tidy player, bloody dangerous when he was on the ball. Their big centre forward looked a handful & the boy they brought on at centre half was smashing too.

HH.

edit: just checked the Falkirk & BBC websites. Higginbotham, El Alagui & Bennet respectively.

Candygram for Mongo! Candygram for Mongo............ (BOOM!!!)

Great performance today all over the park. I thought Fitz was a bit slow in the first half - seemed to have difficulty getting away from his man - but he got the hang of it in the second half. Maybe just not fully match fit yet. Peaso was outstanding and Freddie was magnificent throughout. What a find he is. Jackson is great at making space and controlling balls that the defender looks like getting. We seem a bit slow to get to loose balls at times and we allowed that big centre back that came on as a sub to run unchallenged too often. Our boys took a hell of a physical battering today from a very physical team. Guy that clattered Freddie should have been booked, and why peaso got booked is a mystery - a soft foul, just a trip while trying to play the ball when he's been pushed over.

Special mention to Colin Stewart who took everything in the air and looked as if he had realised that he can come off his line. Not sure if the second goal was one he should have stopped but will wait for the video. I think he needs to come off his line when a forward is rushing in on him as he doesn't narrow the angle and make himself a big target, but a lot better than last week and much more confident in him after today.

Bit worried about our injuries - hope they're not serious.

PS Never seen such a hard struck penalty for Morton. Clearly showed that e=mc2 is not correct...

That was a very important game to win after last week's shambles. The players clearly thought so and the morale of the support was raised. Great atmosphere at the end. GIRUY Presley.

That Higginbottom guy was good for them and El Alagui will be a handful for defences this season. They are a decent team but just not as good as us - even a weakened us.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

BTW what's all the fuss about the disallowed goals? 2 of them the flag was up well before the ball was put in the net and I think the other was maybe a push anyway. The ref was poor but frankly that period just before half time was the main criticism when he seemed to have decided that Falkirk were just not getting any bookings today.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

BTW what's all the fuss about the disallowed goals? 2 of them the flag was up well before the ball was put in the net and I think the other was maybe a push anyway. The ref was poor but frankly that period just before half time was the main criticism when he seemed to have decided that Falkirk were just not getting any bookings today.

Said the same on P&B Alibi.

Great result which, to be honest I couldn't see happening at HT. Most pleasing aspect for me was the hounding Neil MacFarlane got from the Ton fans at FT. He was in the Away Directors' Box and jumped up like a loony when the Bairns scored their goals - punching the air and gesticulatiing to the away fans. **** - snuck away at the end though!! :lol: :lol:

Great result which, to be honest I couldn't see happening at HT. Most pleasing aspect for me was the hounding Neil MacFarlane got from the Ton fans at FT. He was in the Away Directors' Box and jumped up like a loony when the Bairns scored their goals - punching the air and gesticulatiing to the away fans. **** - snuck away at the end though!! :lol: :lol:

Wish I knew that!! He is going to take some stick for that now.

Hagi was sitting behind us in the B section of the stand, he had his Falkirk tie on, but not sure if he was jumping about when Falkirk scored.

Ok, sadly he didn't sneak away at the end, he was on the pitch at the end shaking hands with all our players.

Bloody tremendous win today, just absolutely chuffed.

Falkirk started well but we settled just as quickly and it was a great header from MacDonald to put us in front.  After that Falkirk took control and knocked it about well.  El Alagui hassled our backline for long spells which allowed the other Falkirk attackers in.  I thought their equaliser was preventable (had Stewart raced out it could have been stopped) but there wasn't much that could be done about their second. Very well taken in fairness.

After the break we really got in amongst them.  It was a stick on penalty for the equaliser which was smashed in by MacDonald.  The atmosphere inside Cappielow from then on was fantastic.  Partly fuelled by the indescribably rotten performance from the officials and partly from the superb effort that the players were putting in.  Jackson's bullet header, which turned out to be the winner, was unstoppable and came at exactly the right time.  You got the impression as time wore on that we were sort of hanging on but we got there in the end. Moore making the right subs at the right time helped that.

Fitzharris was an absolute star today and the MacDonald/Jackson partnership just goes from strength to strength. Fred and Smyth put in a good midfield shift too.  As for Stewart I thought he had a terrific second half, stopping everything that came his way.  He gets a lot of stick, and rightly so, but he was great in that second 45.

Only downside was the officiating. Crawford Allan is easily one of the worst I've seen at Cappielow in many a year and the standside linesman was equally bad (highlight was missing the Falkirk keeper handle outside the box late on). But enough about them...Delighted with the three points and the performance, especially with the Accies keeping up their decent form.

The ball was at least a foot outside the box. The stand side linesman had a shocker. How he didnt see the Avatar fall and handle the ball when the the ref gave a foul against us is beyond me.

Other thoughts on the game.

Thought O Brian had another poor game. Doesn't really offer that much.

Stewart came off his line and looked like a goalkeeper but why he didn't punt it up the park when their goalkeeper was up for their corner?!

Smyth in midfield doesn't work

Fitzharris played well but would have liked to see him take on his man on the outside.

Their number 10 was the most dangerous man on the park.

Really exciting game which we deserved to win.

Thought the penalty was soft but summed up the ref who was just appalling.

Really annoyed that the Partick game is on Friday

Great fighting spirit and I will say it again. If a mediocre team like Raith can almost win the league last season then a talented Morton team can definitely win it. Its all about belief.

Archived