Ton 3-2 Falkirk - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton 3-2 Falkirk

Mr.Blue

Best game of football I've seen for a while.

We started the first 15 minutes well and took the lead through Peaso heading in from a Fitzharris corner.

Falkirk then came back into the game and scored 2 goals. Andy Graham (I think) got caught out by a ball over the top and Weatherson finished. The second was down to some good football from Falkirk but I think Stewart should've done better with the shot.

As the 1st half came to a close, the game bcame quite niggly with Smyth getting involved with one or 2 Falkirk players.

The referee was atrocious, missing fouls and a possible penalty for us for a foul on Fred and moore waitedto speak to him as he came down the tunnel.

We came fighting in the second half. Peaso scoring a penalty after Jackson was fouled and we then took the lead after Jackson stooped superbly to head in from Fitzharris' freekick.

Overall i thought we deserved the 3 points againt a decent Falkirk side who will cause team problems this season. We are scoring goals but also conceding which is a worry.

I thought Peaso was excellent today as was wee Fred. Fitzharris looked good in spells. Special mention to Colin Stewart who aside from the 2nd goal played very well. He commanded his area and collected most balls that came into the box.

Caff went off in the 2nd half, hope his injury isnt too serious. anyone know why Di giacomo wasnt in the squad?

Mon ae Ton!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has been having "Back Spasms"!

I feared the worse when I saw the team without Di Gac & Tidser but a great performance!

As did I but credit to the the management and players for a good performance and great result.

Im sure I saw Smyth holding his back near the end of the game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Cracking weather for football today and it was a cracking game also, only spoiled by some diabolical refereeing decisions.

Morton started without DiGiac and Tidser with Fitz and wee Fred starting. Morton got off to a good start when Peaso fired a rocket header into the far corner from a corner.

Falkirk who played some decent football came back into it when our defence got caught napping on a through ball for Weatherston to score.

Falkirk then went ahead with a shot that was weakly parried into the net by Stewart. I'm not Stewart's biggest fan and he should have done better with that goal, but apart from that I thought he had a good game. If he's finding his form again then good on him.

Into the 2nd half and some more absurd refereeing decisions. Wee Fred get's halved in two and the ref does nothing, ball breaks to Peaso for a soft foul and he get's booked! Totally astonished by that one...

Anyway the ref was finally good to us when he awarded us a penalty for a foul on Jacko.

Peaso made absolutely no mistake from the spot as he hit it high and hard into the net.

Our 3rd goal came from a corner again this time Jacko hitting the net.

Crowd right behind the team urging them on to the final whistle. The players showed their appreciation when they and Moore came over to the Cowshed and much applause.

MotM -Peaso without a doubt. He was fantastic today!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Great performance, especially without Tidser.

Rode our luck at times, but took our chances and eventually started defending naw bad in the last 10 minutes.

Lets hope Tidser is good for next week, then we have a week off for the international break.

Would take a draw next week, but a win would be very handy.

Don't think the ref had his best game ever :rolleyes: but he did award us a rather soft penalty & we won so no real harm done although how he never booked Mark Millar for his assault on wee Fred I will never know. Peaso MOM by a country mile, power of work as usual & won far more than his share of headers. He also takes penalties the way they should be taken!

Big Colin played very well I thought, think the previous posts are a wee bit harsh on him for the 2nd goal imho he was unlucky. Came & caught a few today, Well done big man.

HH.

Candygram for Mongo! Candygram for Mongo............ (BOOM!!!)

Don't think the ref had his best game ever :rolleyes: but he did award us a rather soft penalty & we won so no real harm done although how he never booked Mark Millar for his assault on wee Fred I will never know. Peaso MOM by a country mile, power of work as usual & won far more than his share of headers. He also takes penalties the way they should be taken!

Big Colin played very well I thought, think the previous posts are a wee bit harsh on him for the 2nd goal imho he was unlucky. Came & caught a few today, Well done big man.

HH.

If he'd booked Millar straight away and stopped the play, the game would not have simmered the way it did.

Obviously having let it go, he couldn't then book Millar. Perhaps he thought it was our advantage, whatever it was his own indecision that led to the game simmering over.

Very proud today after seeing that performance against a very good Falkirk side, we just never gave up & more than matched them all over the park. Some of the football & the belief shown was extremely heartening after last weeks blip, a special mention to McDonald who was outstanding today & put in a beast of a display , chasing down, linking up getting clattered & still managed to bag 2 goals !

If he'd booked Millar straight away and stopped the play, the game would not have simmered the way it did.

Obviously having let it go, he couldn't then book Millar. Perhaps he thought it was our advantage, whatever it was his own indecision that led to the game simmering over.

Why not?

Refs regularly play advantage then book (or send off) the offending player once play has stopped.

Great game today although we may have been fortunate.

Special metion goes to our 2 forwards....what a partnership they are.

Andy Jackson is a quality intelligent striker who will bag a few goals for us.

As for Peaso,what a terrific striker this guy is....intelligent,great accurate ball control and strikes a great ball aswell..He is also terrific in the air for his size...Alexanderesque like.

Best Morton strikeforce for years...

Let's get it right 1st time in League 1.No excuses.

Bloody tremendous win today, just absolutely chuffed.

Falkirk started well but we settled just as quickly and it was a great header from MacDonald to put us in front.  After that Falkirk took control and knocked it about well.  El Alagui hassled our backline for long spells which allowed the other Falkirk attackers in.  I thought their equaliser was preventable (had Stewart raced out it could have been stopped) but there wasn't much that could be done about their second. Very well taken in fairness.

After the break we really got in amongst them.  It was a stick on penalty for the equaliser which was smashed in by MacDonald.  The atmosphere inside Cappielow from then on was fantastic.  Partly fuelled by the indescribably rotten performance from the officials and partly from the superb effort that the players were putting in.  Jackson's bullet header, which turned out to be the winner, was unstoppable and came at exactly the right time.  You got the impression as time wore on that we were sort of hanging on but we got there in the end. Moore making the right subs at the right time helped that.

Fitzharris was an absolute star today and the MacDonald/Jackson partnership just goes from strength to strength. Fred and Smyth put in a good midfield shift too.  As for Stewart I thought he had a terrific second half, stopping everything that came his way.  He gets a lot of stick, and rightly so, but he was great in that second 45.

Only downside was the officiating.  Crawford Allan is easily one of the worst I've seen at Cappielow in many a year and the standside linesman was equally bad (highlight was missing the Falkirk keeper handle outside the box late on).  But enough about them...

Delighted with the three points and the performance, especially with the Accies keeping up their decent form.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Great game today although we may have been fortunate.

Special metion goes to our 2 forwards....what a partnership they are.

Andy Jackson is a quality intelligent striker who will bag a few goals for us.

As for Peaso,what a terrific striker this guy is....intelligent,great accurate ball control and strikes a great ball aswell..He is also terrific in the air for his size...Alexanderesque like.

Best Morton strikeforce for years...

Agreed re: the partnership. It's so good having two strikers that know what they are doing. Hopefully we can keep these two injury free especially macdonald who is a class apart. Spl standard.

Fantastic comeback. Cmon the ton.!!!

Can I just add to the list of players who got deserved plaudits to Archie Campbell I thought his attitude when he came on was excellent and showed the strength we have within our small squad.

The McDonald Jackson partnership has given us 2 quality strikers who are working well together and again a refreshing change . We can all point to individual mistakes but overall the contribution of Moore has been excellent . He has created a good blend of players sorted out some errors I had almost given up in solving.

Even without McDonald's goals his contribution has been great , so pleasing to see, MOTM by a long way.

Didn't think Fred got into the game , understandable because of injury but his confidence grew and grew until I had to check he hadn't been cloned. We missed Tidser's inventiveness but thats understandable , so huge credit to the players today.

I fcking love Peter McDonald. This guy is outstanding!

O'Brien had his best game so far this season as well, Fitzharris was good in spells and terrible in spells, Bachirou covered just about every single blade of grass, and Colin Stewart had a very decent game - aside from their 2nd goal.

I have to admit I did not at all feel comfortable when Evans moves to LCB, moreso when he started limping a bit.

Excellent result though, and the players and the fans are clearly in this together. Superb.

Their 3 disallowed goals ... not sure about the 1st, the 2nd the whistle went clearly about 5 seconds before the ball hit the net, and the 3rd was definitely offside. The penalty looked a stonewaller to me but that was from the other end of the ground, and we should've had one in the first.

TTG JIM!!!

Good weather, good atmosphere, good game, tremendous result.

The determination and self belief shown by the lads to come back from 1-2 down was a joy to behold.

Mom McDonald but it was a fantastic team effort.

And Chrissie, I thought Fred was immense throughout.

Come on ye 'Ton.

HHkTu1F.jpg

Archived