Ipad2 - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ipad2

Mr.Blue

Whats the point of an ipad? Isn't just a big iphone? Never seen one, but isn't it too big to put in yer pocket and more awkward than a laptop when used in the house. Sounds like a product for people with too much expendable cash.

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski

What Apple do very well is convince you that you need their product when, of course, probably you don't.

I doubt I'll ever buy one but if it helps I saw someone taking a picture with an iPad the other day and he just looked like a t***. :rolleyes:

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

To be honest, i do agree that the ipad (like all of Apples products) is overpriced, but (much like iphone and their computers) the experience is much better than any of their rivals. In terms of performance, weight, dimensions and overall design, it is head and shoulders above other tablets. I have used both IOS and Android devices and there is no comparison.

I use the ipad basically as a netbook for internet/email around the flat, and it doubles as a second telly so i can watch my programs in the other room if the missus is watching "young dumb and living off mum" or something similar. Size wise its also ideal for taking on bus/train/plane journeys loaded with a few of my favourite films etc.

I like it better than a cheaper netbook because it is always on (and keeps a charge on standby for days), meaning theres no waiting time for startup etc. Of course hayfever is right that nobody NEEDS an ipad... but the same could be said of any tablet device we are discussing here so i dont really see what difference this makes.

On MR X's point of apple products being for people with too much cash, i would say its more a case of it being people who dont mind paying extra to get the best.

you could spend all day banging on about why would someone buy their dinner from Marks & Spencer when you could go to Tesco or LIDL and get something very similar for half the price, but people who shop in M&S can afford to do so, and obviously think its worth paying the extra. Its no big deal, so i cant understand why some people get so passionate about how bad/evil/overpriced/pointless apple products are. If you dont like them, dont buy them lol.

What Apple do very well is convince you that you need their product when, of course, probably you don't.

I doubt I'll ever buy one but if it helps I saw someone taking a picture with an iPad the other day and he just looked like a t***. :rolleyes:

Guy in my work takes his i-pad into meetings and types notes on it, needless to say he remains oblivious to the fact he looks a total dick.

I think a joke I heard a while back sums it up:

Q) How do you know if someone owns an iphone?

A) They tell you...

So, so true.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

I think a joke I heard a while back sums it up:

Q) How do you know if someone owns an iphone?

A) They tell you...

FAO guy on the previous page, that's why they get aggro. Because people never shut up about them. Know whit? I've got a Galaxy and I think it's better. :D

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

FAO guys who posted above...

Thanks for clearing that up. I know what you mean about the smugness of certain iphone and ipad owners (who was it that once said - YOU BOUGHT IT YOU DIDN'T INVENT IT! lol) and totally agree. but at the same time for every one of them there seem to be ten people moaning about how much they hate apple.

On the ipad vs galaxy debate, price-wise theres not much between them. i know that the spec on the galaxy is a bit better (higher res camera, more RAM, slightly bigger screen), but i just prefered the feel of the ipad, which seems a bit more solid feeling to me. Also there were specific apps which i wanted to use on it (pages, imovie, garageband) and i have been unable to find any equivalents on android which come anywhere close to these.

edit to add -

SENT FROM MY IPAD [:smugface]

FAO guys who posted above...

Thanks for clearing that up. I know what you mean about the smugness of certain iphone and ipad owners (who was it that once said - YOU BOUGHT IT YOU DIDN'T INVENT IT! lol) and totally agree. but at the same time for every one of them there seem to be ten people moaning about how much they hate apple.

On the ipad vs galaxy debate, price-wise theres not much between them. i know that the spec on the galaxy is a bit better (higher res camera, more RAM, slightly bigger screen), but i just prefered the feel of the ipad, which seems a bit more solid feeling to me. Also there were specific apps which i wanted to use on it (pages, imovie, garageband) and i have been unable to find any equivalents on android which come anywhere close to these.

edit to add -

SENT FROM MY IPAD [:smugface]

:lol: Touche!

But seriously, I think my personal distaste of Apple has came from the days when they were the underdog battling against the evil might of Microsoft. It felt back then that they were looking out for the little guy while Microsoft were monopolising the market. Now feels like Apple got to a certain stage and decided bugger this for a game of soldiers, and became far worse than Microsoft ever were.

Don't get me wrong, with the original i-pod they really deserve a hell of a pat on the back, sadly I think they've moved into the dark side of the force with no way back.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

I sometimes catch myself pulling out the iphone 4 and showing off a really good app (under a clear night sky, I identified some stars with the star walk app).

I realised this just played up to the stereotype, and you could hear some groans, but I wasn't going to keep my phone hidden in my pocket just to please some apple haters

Its quite a new phenomenon, but I reckon iphone/pad users will calm down eventually, especially when what we now view as awesome becomes run of the mill (or once their competitors catch up)

I sometimes catch myself pulling out the iphone 4 and showing off a really good app (under a clear night sky, I identified some stars with the star walk app).

I realised this just played up to the stereotype, and you could hear some groans, but I wasn't going to keep my phone hidden in my pocket just to please some apple haters

Its quite a new phenomenon, but I reckon iphone/pad users will calm down eventually, especially when what we now view as awesome becomes run of the mill (or once their competitors catch up)

But did you say 'oh I have this app on my phone to show you' or was it 'oh I have this app on my iphone to show you'. Therein lies the difference!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Archived