Ipad2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ipad2

Mr.Blue

Thinking about buying one of these. Read a few reviews online.

does anyone on here have one? If so could you let me know any pros and cons.

Cheers :)

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Thinking about buying one of these. Read a few reviews online.

does anyone on here have one? If so could you let me know any pros and cons.

Cheers :)

pros: its amazing, easy to use, and depending on your needs could be a replacement for a laptop

cons: its quite expensive for the spec and you can't watch flash videos in the web browser

pros: its amazing, easy to use, and depending on your needs could be a replacement for a laptop

cons: its quite expensive for the spec and you can't watch flash videos in the web browser

xj, in what ways could it replace a laptop? Sorry to ask daft questions, just good to speak to someone who has one.

xj, in what ways could it replace a laptop? Sorry to ask daft questions, just good to speak to someone who has one.

it really depends what you use a laptop for.

most people I know use a laptop for surfing the web, emailing, watch movies etc, and therefore hardly use it to the full potential.

I know the ipad2 does not come with a DVD drive, but its quite easy to get movies/TV shows in digital format these days

Also most laptops come with Windows OS, and to be honest its just a faff, iOS is not perfect, but its simple and easy to use, and has loads of apps to do just about anything you would ever want to do with a computer.

it really depends what you use a laptop for.

most people I know use a laptop for surfing the web, emailing, watch movies etc, and therefore hardly use it to the full potential.

I know the ipad2 does not come with a DVD drive, but its quite easy to get movies/TV shows in digital format these days

Also most laptops come with Windows OS, and to be honest its just a faff, iOS is not perfect, but its simple and easy to use, and has loads of apps to do just about anything you would ever want to do with a computer.

Cheers mate

i got my 32 gig ipad 2 last week and love it. one piece of advice i would give you is to only pay the extra £100 for the 3g version if you really need it. My phone has 3g and can set up a "private hotspot" meaning that the ipad can use my phones 3g connection via wifi. saved me a hundred quid and its the same net resukt

I got a 64gb 3G iPad 2. Went for the 3G one as my contract with O2 has a data cap on it, so the hotspot connection thing isnt any good for me.

If you do get a 3G, T-Mobile are doing an iPhone 4 PAYG SIM that has 12 months free internet. Pay £5 for the SIM, top up £10 & stick it in a iPhone 4, text the code, and take it out and pop it back in the iPad. 12 months free internet- voila!

This deal is obviously for them thinking it's in an iPhone, as they'd be relying on you to send texts and make calls to keep topping up. Works a treat.

i got my 32 gig ipad 2 last week and love it. one piece of advice i would give you is to only pay the extra £100 for the 3g version if you really need it. My phone has 3g and can set up a "private hotspot" meaning that the ipad can use my phones 3g connection via wifi. saved me a hundred quid and its the same net resukt
how do I go about sorting my to do that mate?
We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

Stick wi Windows or Ubuntu and tell Apple where to stick their overpriced shite. ^_^

if microsoft didn't **** up massively with vista then perhaps more people would do just that

microsoft went downhill after gates stepped back. perhaps apple will do the same now jobs is off the scene?

how do I go about sorting my to do that mate?

What kind of a phone are you using? On the iPhone 4 you just go into settings>personal hotspot then all you need to do is switch it on and choose a password (which you then enter on your iPad to join the network). I know that HTC handsets allow this too and would assume that other smartphones will have something similar.

if microsoft didn't **** up massively with vista then perhaps more people would do just that

microsoft went downhill after gates stepped back. perhaps apple will do the same now jobs is off the scene?

Jobs is a tit. He was constantly going on about Apple's 'unique' products and services even though they were often nicked from other manufacturers. Which is a bit cheeky considering all the s*** they've tried to pull to get patents to stop those same companies from mimicking them.

3i3c.jpg

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Htc wildfire, is it possible? Googling it has been of nae use

go into the network settings . On my galaxy its called mobile ap settings then follow instructions. I don't have an iPad but an HP touchpad- so can basically use my phones internet with that

Jobs is a tit. He was constantly going on about Apple's 'unique' products and services even though they were often nicked from other manufacturers. Which is a bit cheeky considering all the s*** they've tried to pull to get patents to stop those same companies from mimicking them.

3i3c.jpg

I couldn't agree more mate, but their overall product is pretty much top notch (for now), despite being partially knicked from other manufacturers. Microsoft have done the same to Apple in the past though, and it has happened all the time in the short history of computers.

I think its a shame that some people refuse to like or recommend apple products based on the fact that steve jobs is a dick, and they are a big evil corporation. Well, in my opinion all the big IT corporations (Dell, Microsoft, Google etc) are just as bad as each other, and will quite happily stab each other in the back to get ahead.

For any one of them to take moral high ground in this regard is laughable

I'd rather have a reasonably priced product from Samsung that does the same job as its Apple equivalent for less money and doesn't need quicktime or iTunes or any other s***e installed on my PC to run.

I don't like the idea of paying more for essentially the same product but of a company that corners you into using more of their shitey programs to run and only operates on their OS. A piece of kit is pretty much doubled in cost because they stick a half-munched piece of fruit on it, no thanks.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived