Thread About Ex Player - Page 54 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Joe and his wife are both very very found of Morton and more so the Morton support. When you speak to Joe he becomes very emotional and speaks proudly and with passion about his time here. He is amazed that,what he calls the "young yins" (I'm in my 50's, to Joe I'm a young yin!) are interested in what he has to say.

As Ian says he is indeed a gentleman and always has time to speak to Morton fans

Totally agree, have talked to Joe a couple of times, a real gentleman.

Stephen Aitken wins League One Manager of the Month for October.

I'm sure if he keeps up the good work there may be bigger jobs in the future...

Aitken comes across as a good guy in interviews, and he's doing a great job with Stranraer, especially considering they've probably got the lowest budget in their league. Might just be an outside bet for the play-offs.

Aitken comes across as a good guy in interviews, and he's doing a great job with Stranraer, especially considering they've probably got the lowest budget in their league. Might just be an outside bet for the play-offs.

Well you would say that. I take it he's still giving yer maw the maintenance money. :o

Pleased to see him doing well.

• Upvote 1

Show Racism the Red Card

Former loanee Jason Naismith has signed a 3 year contract extension at St Mirren. He has been playing at right back, keeping David van Zanten and David Barron out of the team of late.

A midden fan was speaking to me about Jason Naismith a couple of days ago... said he was 'doing great' in their defence. I was mildly surprised tbh but we didn't see enough of him I suppose.

My midden workmate was telling me last week that their upturn in fortunes is all down to Naismith being in the team, something to do with his inclusion lets McGinn play further forward or something like that, TBH wasn't really listening.

Anyway, he was also saying he has heard that, as long as their injuries clear up, in January defender Sean Kelly will be going to Morton on loan. Not sure how good this info is, but it's the same guy who told me in July that Stirling wouldn't be starting games until October.

• Downvote 1

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Kelly is a Former pupil of mine. Cracking player with a brilliant left foot. Nice guy as well. Would be delighted to have him.

Filthy Paisley b*stard none the less. 

Can't wait to hound him back up the M8.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Former loanee Jason Naismith has signed a 3 year contract extension at St Mirren. He has been playing at right back, keeping David van Zanten and David Barron out of the team of late.

My midden workmate was telling me last week that their upturn in fortunes is all down to Naismith being in the team, something to do with his inclusion lets McGinn play further forward or something like that, TBH wasn't really listening.

Anyway, he was also saying he has heard that, as long as their injuries clear up, in January defender Sean Kelly will be going to Morton on loan. Not sure how good this info is, but it's the same guy who told me in July that Stirling wouldn't be starting games until October.

Think I was about the only one on here that could see Naismith had something about him when he was here.  Big, raw and a bit clumsy but it's no surprise he's finally broke through.   :smartass:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Talking about Naismith, Neil McCann just said hes got a great set of legs and is great at bursting forward down the line.

He has looked quite impressive today to be fair to him.

Edit- He just got man of the match!

Edited by Madton

Stewart Greacen looking for a return to Scottish Football, considering offers from Ayr and Arbroath.

I always liked Stewart Greacen. He never gave less than 100% and for a while when Dominic Shimmin looked as if he was interested they formed a very solid centre back pairing. He's only 31 so will still do a decent job for either of the teams mentioned. I wish him well.