Thread About Ex Player - Page 398 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Jack Iredale leaves Cambridge and is set to sign for Bolton.

Never forget the game against the Pars at East End Park a few seasons ago. Jack wasnt having the best of games and I was giving him some heavy verbals.

A few moments later the guy sat next to me tapped me on the shoulder and said: " Thats my boy."

I said..."Who's your boy?" he said: " Jack."

I said.."Iredale?" he said: " aye."

I said... " Some ba' Jack ... way to go!"

(the confessions of a crawling bastirt.) 🤐

A terrible, wee shame that. 

clarkson smug face.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Danny Rogers chucking in two goals in Oldham's last game in the English football league; both pretty ludicrous but not great to see as he did okay enough with us. 

Oldham also featured in that match the sand-dancer 'Davis Keilor-Dunn', once of Ross County's parish. An adult who failed to make the correct decision to change his utterly stupid given name by deed poll, whose big career switch south of the border ends in the National League. Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hard to believe Oldham were in the Premiership once. Still, never say never. Luton were down in oblivion for ages and are now climbing back up the leagues. Stockport are surely coming back up this year.

EOho8Pw.png

13 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Hard to believe Oldham were in the Premiership once. Still, never say never. Luton were down in oblivion for ages and are now climbing back up the leagues. Stockport are surely coming back up this year.

Oldham were a brilliant underdog story back in the late 80s and early 90s. Two epic cup semi-finals against Man United that both went to replays in 1990 and 1994, a League Cup Final against Forest in 1990, beating Villa to hand Man United their first title in 26 years in 1993 and a week or so later their incredible 4-3 win against Southampton to avoid relegation from the first ever Premier League, on a pitch like Firhill’s.

Whilst Wimbledon we’re the more high profile underdogs at the time, I always found Oldham a better story. Plus, their star player at the time was called Andy Ritchie.

They look like they’re absolutely fucked now, with no thanks to their owners, but should probably look to the aforementioned Stockport, who had a horrible last 10-20 years and are finally heading in the right direction.

Incidentally, Wrexham v Stockport’s on BT Sport just now and has been a decent watch- fantastic save from Stockport’s keeper a few minutes ago.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Toby said:

Whilst Wimbledon we’re the more high profile underdogs at the time, I always found Oldham a better story. Plus, their star player at the time was called Andy Ritchie.

The other Andy Ritchie was a decent player. I remember Oldham fans chanting there’s only one Andy Ritchie and thinking they really were hitting the wrong note there.

I had a feeling he got a move to Man U, but Google has reminded me that’s where he started, moving to the Latics later in his career. Also had a spell at Leeds.

I had no idea Oldham we’re so far down the leagues. Sad to see.

Edited by Alibi

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 5/7/2022 at 11:29 PM, TRVMP said:

Stockport got skelped 3-0 by Wrexham who moved top on Goal Difference. Stockport have a game in hand though so should get across the line.

Nicky Cadden in the FIFA 22 EFL team of the season as well. Not a bad week for left backs/wingbacks who played for Morton. Hopefully next news is a 10 year contract at Morton for Strapp. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Could tell Iredale was a player from the start. He was also a much better player when he left than his first few games.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Could tell Iredale was a player from the start. He was also a much better player when he left than his first few games.

The first game he played was at CB in a League Cup game, and he was dreadful. Looked like your tenapenny Duffy 6 month contract ringer. Looked a different player after returning from that Queens Park loan, been an upward trajectory ever since. 

On 5/7/2022 at 11:29 PM, TRVMP said:

Remember seeing us cuff Oldham 3-0 at Scapa in the Anglo-Scottish Cup.

Lost the return leg 4-0.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:43 AM, Toby said:

C820C772-578F-45C3-881C-C45008DEE077.jpeg

Any updates on this one?

Haha yep fair enough, although I see their manager has really bought into their project and jumped ship as soon as possible. 

• Downvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

7 hours ago, hayfever said:

Haha yep fair enough, although I see their manager has really bought into their project and jumped ship as soon as possible. 

Don’t really care, tbh. I’m happy for Cadden and that’s about it.

• Upvote 2