Thread About Ex Player - Page 378 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player


KingsTON
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Tiffoney to Partick confirmed. They swapped him for James Penrice.

Not sure how that works with our super sell on clause. Do we get Penrice the first Saturday of every month?

Announced with this signing video. I'm not sure if it's cringe, or funny as fuck, but I like it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Announced with this signing video. I'm not sure if it's cringe, or funny as fuck, but I like it.

 

It's a bit of both. 

Barring the "Strapp On" tweet our social media is completely dull. Anyone with half a brain would be making sure our social media was engaging and on the occasion semi viral. It creates a good image around the club, look at the Motherwell social media for a fine example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other way of looking at it is, how much does it move the needle? Is it the difference between someone buying a ticket and not, is it the difference between someone buying a kit and not, is it the difference between someone who might go totally dormant as a fan versus staying slightly engaged and not? I don't know the answer to these questions. I do know that a lot of companies, not just football clubs, don't measure these things well if at all and instead see "the social media" as an end in itself.

Like a few years ago Thistle got all kinds of publicity for their freaky mascot but did it translate into greater interest from its customers? Or were they able to use that and leverage it in front of sponsors? Like, "hey, our reach was X, and while that was obviously viral and most of it will disappear it shows our potential and we expect to retain Y out of that."

Long story short I think a lot of people in all kinds of business but also in Scottish football think views and likes mean something. They don't. They're means to an end.

  • Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The other way of looking at it is, how much does it move the needle? Is it the difference between someone buying a ticket and not, is it the difference between someone buying a kit and not, is it the difference between someone who might go totally dormant as a fan versus staying slightly engaged and not? I don't know the answer to these questions. I do know that a lot of companies, not just football clubs, don't measure these things well if at all and instead see "the social media" as an end in itself.

Like a few years ago Thistle got all kinds of publicity for their freaky mascot but did it translate into greater interest from its customers? Or were they able to use that and leverage it in front of sponsors? Like, "hey, our reach was X, and while that was obviously viral and most of it will disappear it shows our potential and we expect to retain Y out of that."

Long story short I think a lot of people in all kinds of business but also in Scottish football think views and likes mean something. They don't. They're means to an end.

Yeah, pretty hard to disagree. 

I'm a skeptic about the 'x amount of likes on a tweet' as most people on the Internet are fucking numpties. 

I'm sure next week we will be deciding on a new badge for the club's new era. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should be changing the badge to get rid of that 'Ltd.' shan nonsense from it for a start. They'll be putting the clubs safety certificate credentials on it next.

The Famous do not need any sort of banner description over the badge: what we need instead is a single, dignified star denoting our ten league titles. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We do need some more effort put into drumming up interest in next season though. We're already behind with kit launches, seasons tickets, sponsors and signings (as well as renewal of MCT membership which I'm yet to hear about). 

I get the transition in owenship might stop some of these from happening but getting a bit of publicity around the imminent launch of them wouldn't go amiss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, irnbru said:

We do need some more effort put into drumming up interest in next season though. We're already behind with kit launches, seasons tickets, sponsors and signings (as well as renewal of MCT membership which I'm yet to hear about). 

I get the transition in owenship might stop some of these from happening but getting a bit of publicity around the imminent launch of them wouldn't go amiss. 

Would hope the floodgates open once the takeover goes through.

All they are saying about the strips is 'definitely sharing this month.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye, whilst i dont want to be too critical, and the likelihood is they're waiting to lay down their marker when the takeover goes through, not much seems to have changed. We're definitely starting a good bit behind a lot of other teams. 

Should be promo videos etc for season tickets/strip sales etc - like most other teams are capable of doing, irrespective if they've officially taken over or not. 

Still willing to give the benefit of the doubt. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Would hope the floodgates open once the takeover goes through.

All they are saying about the strips is 'definitely sharing this month.'

That's my thinking/hoping too!  For me, not wasting time on announcing the management team was the main concern, which they didn't do.  I don't necessarily agree with the decision made but I at least I'm happy they didn't hang about.

As soon as the takeover is announced they must announce season tickets prices etc.

Interesting to see what the strips are like given they were 'excited' about them which makes me think we might not get the usual, lazy, off the shelf templates we usually do.

here today, gone to hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

That's my thinking/hoping too!  For me, not wasting time on announcing the management team was the main concern, which they didn't do.  I don't necessarily agree with the decision made but I at least I'm happy they didn't hang about.

As soon as the takeover is announced they must announce season tickets prices etc.

Interesting to see what the strips are like given they were 'excited' about them which makes me think we might not get the usual, lazy, off the shelf templates we usually do.

We've not had an off the shelf template for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, irnbru said:

We've not had an off the shelf template for years. 

Aye because we've not had a big brand kit supplier for years.  The Nike stuff was guff and it's the usual off shelf stuff other teams our size end up with.

here today, gone to hell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ChampTon said:

It's a bit of both. 

Barring the "Strapp On" tweet our social media is completely dull. Anyone with half a brain would be making sure our social media was engaging and on the occasion semi viral. It creates a good image around the club, look at the Motherwell social media for a fine example. 

Thought this was good tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ChampTon said:

It's a bit of both. 

Barring the "Strapp On" tweet our social media is completely dull. Anyone with half a brain would be making sure our social media was engaging and on the occasion semi viral. It creates a good image around the club, look at the Motherwell social media for a fine example. 

I think the more pressing aim for the club's social media output is professionalism. The first objective has to be ensuring that updates and interactions are timely, professional and consistent. Once they achieve that, then they can start looking at being slightly more creative and engaging, but professionalism and consistency need to be nailed first. Let's walk before we try to run.  

  • Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new badge would be an interesting idea but we could end up doing a Leeds! 

If we are allowed back into the grounds as normal I'd love for a cheaper entry fee than normal for the first home game. Get Life is Life blaring as the players come out too; this is a must. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...