Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com
advertisement_alt

Thread About Ex Player


Recommended Posts

Jack Iredale has signed for Cambridge United as well.

I'm not one to always clamour for ex-players to return, but those were two players who weren't unrealistic targets and would have been a collosal improvement on what we currently have at centre back, while Iredale would have given us cover at left back as well. Obviously Iredale hardly played at centre back for us, but we know he can defend remotely competently which sets him apart from what we have.

Obviously we're still weeks away and there will be plenty of players out there they might be looking at, but every time a centre back we know of signs elsewhere it increases the fear that we might actually end up with McGinty and McLean as our first choice centre back partnership.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or an Iron Man’s idea of a fact. What games did he miss when he was on strike, what were the conditions attaching to the cancellation of his contract and how long did the negotiations for that take?

He hasn’t, he’s moved to Dundee.

Or more appropriately bedroom bunny caring just enough to go to reactiogif.org and download yet another humourless image. If you and the clique really must bore the arse off everyone with images of co

Posted Images

That amount can't be right. The ISL has a salary cap for entire teams of around $2.2m. Paartalu alone would hit that on a six-month deal.

Not saying he's not on decent money but it won't be that amouht, surely?

Edited by TRVMP

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Woody66 said:

Smoking isn't big or clever. Have yourself a word with Andy Morrison and get yourself off it before it's too late.

Having the occasional fag with a pint is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Woody66 said:

Smoking isn't big or clever. Have yourself a word with Andy Morrison and get yourself off it before it's too late.

That was nearly 15 years ago, and I don't smoke anymore.

Never ever said it was big or clever.  

Anyway, why should I have a word with Andy Morrison?  What word should that be?  Potato?

  • Upvote 1

I will make it through the day and then the day becomes the night, 

will make it through the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Jack Iredale has signed for Cambridge United as well.

I'm not one to always clamour for ex-players to return, but those were two players who weren't unrealistic targets and would have been a collosal improvement on what we currently have at centre back, while Iredale would have given us cover at left back as well. Obviously Iredale hardly played at centre back for us, but we know he can defend remotely competently which sets him apart from what we have.

Obviously we're still weeks away and there will be plenty of players out there they might be looking at, but every time a centre back we know of signs elsewhere it increases the fear that we might actually end up with McGinty and McLean as our first choice centre back partnership.

In reality, being a lower league jobber in England with the likes of Cambridge United will be a a far more attractive proposition for Jack Iredale than coming back to Morton.  Saying that, I think he was vastly underrated while he was here and would love him back.

I will make it through the day and then the day becomes the night, 

will make it through the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TRVMP said:

That amount can't be right. The ISL has a salary cap for entire teams of around $2.2m. Paartalu alone would hit that on a six-month deal.

Not saying he's not on decent money but it won't be that amouht, surely?

Maybe they have the rule similar to the MLS that you can have players who don't count towards the cap if they increase the profile of the league?

 

Still seems outlandish though.

Edited by so72
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, capitanus said:

In reality, being a lower league jobber in England with the likes of Cambridge United will be a a far more attractive proposition for Jack Iredale than coming back to Morton.  Saying that, I think he was vastly underrated while he was here and would love him back.

Absolutely, it's no criticism of the club really because we obviously can't compete with an English League Two club offering a two year deal. It's just a shame that someone we knew would be an improvement on what we have has gone elsewhere, but as you say he's undoubtedly had a more attractive offer which can't be helped.

The real question is whether we could compete with a sixth tier English club for Gavin Gunning, who is too good for this division, can carry a defence by himself and was speaking to Hopkin in January. That one's a real pisser.

  • Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big lamie strolling it at left back against hibs. He's been good going forward too. Playing some really good passes. 

 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Big lamie strolling it at left back against hibs. He's been good going forward too. Playing some really good passes. 

 

Cheeky wee studs moment too.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Cheeky wee studs moment too.

Missed that. What did he do? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, so72 said:

Maybe they have the rule similar to the MLS that you can have players who don't count towards the cap if they increase the profile of the league?

 

Still seems outlandish though.

Aye, still outlandish. Not trying to criticize him at all but if a team is paying the literal equivalent of their entire wage bill for Erik Paartalu, something has been majorly fucked up. 

I have an ex colleague who I'm still friendly with, he's interviewed Sunil Chhetri (India's top player and a teammate of Paartalu's) a few times, most recently earlier this year. I wouldn't ask him to spill Chhetri's wage even if knew it, which is doubtful, but he will know the ballpark. I'm going to ask him next time I talk to him. 

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Missed that. What did he do? 

Went in for a challenge and emerged with the ball, but left the guy on the deck. TV didn't replay it but radio said he left his studs on the Hibs player.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours that Gregor Buchanan is also heading to Queen of the South.

We're on no position to laugh at anyone else's centre backs, but between Buchanan and McKee that's a solid bottom half League One side they're building.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...