Thread About Ex Player - Page 277 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Stuart Findlay continues to shrug off the crushing blow of having his career written off by Peroni-swilling, egg-chasing loser 'Dr. Z' by earning a place in the senior Scotland squad.

The absolute fury of Rangers fans at Clarke calling up Kilmarnock players is a sight to behold. Notwithstanding that a good percentage - maybe half? - of them utterly hate Scotland anyway, which Rangers players should be called up instead? You could make a case for Ryan Jack being just about international quality, but we have other strong players in his position. Who from Ibrox would keep Brophy and Findlay out of a (Scotland-eligible) team? Jamie Murphy is injured, so who?

edit: and not strictly related, but Greg Taylor is from Greenock. Who was the last Greenockian to get a full Scotland cap?

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

The absolute fury of Rangers fans at Clarke calling up Kilmarnock players is a sight to behold. Notwithstanding that a good percentage - maybe half? - of them utterly hate Scotland anyway, which Rangers players should be called up instead? You could make a case for Ryan Jack being just about international quality, but we have other strong players in his position. Who from Ibrox would keep Brophy and Findlay out of a (Scotland-eligible) team? Jamie Murphy is injured, so who?

edit: and not strictly related, but Greg Taylor is from Greenock. Who was the last Greenockian to get a full Scotland cap?

Neil McCann I would think? Strictly speaking he was from the Port, but I'm sure he was born in Greenock.

Neil McCann I would think? Strictly speaking he was from the Port, but I'm sure he was born in Greenock.

Port Glasgow ("East Greenock") and Gourock ("Lesser Greenock") still count. So yeah, McCann, and Hopkin before him, presumably.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Lewis Morgan?

Morgan and Taylor both from Gourock.

Can't actually think who Ryan Jack would get picked in front of. Apart from those selected, he is behind John Fleck amongst others.

Halliday? Nah.

No Rangers players eligible.

I've not watched Wednesday at all but Jack is surely a midfielder now. I like Jack, I've been a fan of his since his Aberdeen days, but he's in a position of the pitch where we have plenty of other options, and that's a problem. (Same as Barry Douglas - fine player in his own right, but he's cursed with competition.) We've suffered before from trying to accommodate people out of position and unless Jack is playing a good run of games there, I'm not in favor.

Now, that said, Palmer was atrocious against the Kazakhs, and if he has another bad performance then questions need to be asked about his suitability. If that happens, Jack almost gets in by default.

EOho8Pw.png

Anytime I've seen the blue meanies this season, Jack has been one of their better players, along with the boy they signed from Dundee.

I hope the women's team shame the men into upping their game in the qualifiers. I doubt it though.

Edited by RealTonKid

And anytime you've seen Rangers this season, he's been in central midfield. That's the issue here.

Presumably he's not completely forgotten how to play full-back, but it's been a hell of a long time since he was regular there.

Nonetheless, if Palmer is disastrous as last time, perhaps Jack deserves a chance. But for now, I think Clarke is right in going for someone who's at least consistently playing there.

EOho8Pw.png

Morgan and Taylor both from Gourock.

Can't actually think who Ryan Jack would get picked in front of. Apart from those selected, he is behind John Fleck amongst others.

Halliday? Nah.

No Rangers players eligible.

Sad that Morgan and Taylor never played for Morton youth.

Two fine talents who could have brought in revenue to the club or maybe the difference between playoff failure or winners.

Sad that Morgan and Taylor never played for Morton youth.

Two fine talents who could have brought in revenue to the club or maybe the difference between playoff failure or winners.

Am sure both boys were with First Touch. Morgan was with Rangers. Not sure if Taylor was ever there or went straight to Killie. Killie took some of the areas best talent for a fair few years.

Both good lads who deserve there success. Hard work, dedication, good attitude etc etc.

• Downvote 1

Am sure both boys were with First Touch. Morgan was with Rangers. Not sure if Taylor was ever there or went straight to Killie. Killie took some of the areas best talent for a fair few years.

Both good lads who deserve there success. Hard work, dedication, good attitude etc etc.

First Touch was essentially a Kilmarnock production line for many years. There were 4 boys in my year at school who went there from First Touch.

Morgan’s a Rangers fan who played for St. Mirren and now plays for Celtic. That is not the definition of a “good lad”, fuck him.

Best of a bad bunch, relatively speaking.

Liam Palmer's fuckin rubbish as well, shouldn't be near the squad after his performance in Kazhakstan.

AWMSC