Thread About Ex Player - Page 225 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I wouldn't say so. But depends what makes a club big!

I would say I’m recent years everything points to them being the bigger club.

Playing in the top league, Europe, cup finals, play off finals and semis, and playing in front of bigger crowds, not really much of an argument.

I would say I’m recent years everything points to them being the bigger club.

Playing in the top league, Europe, cup finals, play off finals and semis, and playing in front of bigger crowds, not really much of an argument.

No youth system, a vile support, a charlatan manager, no meaningful rivalry bar that made up crap with Dunfermline and a history you could write on the back of a cigarette paper.

No doubt they have had a better recent history though and a bigger average attendance.

No youth system, a vile support, a charlatan manager, no meaningful rivalry bar that made up crap with Dunfermline and a history you could write on the back of a cigarette paper.

No doubt they have had a better recent history though and a bigger average attendance.

Our first reserve league fixture this season is against Falkirk. Why do you think they don't have a youth system?

They've also won more second tier titles than we have along with many more national cups.  :(

• Downvote 4

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

a history you could write on the back of a cigarette paper.

In terms of honours? They’ve won more national cups than us unfortunately and the First Division more than us too. So not sure what we’d be writing our history on the back of 😢

Little of which has any bearing on the relative size of their club compared to ours.

This forgot how to left back because he left midfielded for a while theory about Russell is going far too far now. It may have been a contributing factor to his massive decline in form but its far too black and white to suggest that it's the main cause.

Players play in different positions all the time in the modern game and if playing left midfield for a few games completely derailed Russell's career then that's 100% on him,and if true then he wasn't cut out for the level of club who were apparently interested in him in the first place.

It's not a theory; it's a fact. The precipitous decline in Russell's performances at Morton took place after we started fannying about with his position. As the same morons want to do with Iredale; indeed McKeown has only in the door five minutes and there has already been talk of bunging him into left midfield. 

You'd think that having failed to secure a single left-back who was anything better than mediocre in donkeys' years would have Morton fans thinking twice about ruining decent prospects, but apparently not. And so the club gets the shan left backs that it truly deserves. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What do people expect the boy to say? I moved sideways as I wanted a shorter contract and to be nearer my mum's house. For me, Russell has done well to secure a ontract with Falkirk but I still hope every time he plays against Morton he has a howler.

'I'm looking for a fresh challenge in my career' would be a statement that everyone could consider reasonable and would leave little bitterness from our part. Instead he has taken a leaf out of Thomas 'King Snake' O'Ware's book by trying to stick the boot in over what is in playing terms a sideways move. Like O'Ware he has shown great disrespect to this once-proud club and for that reason he must be mercilessly hounded from pillar to post by The Famous until the end of his playing career.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

'I'm looking for a fresh challenge in my career' would be a statement that everyone could consider reasonable and would leave little bitterness from our part. Instead he has taken a leaf out of Thomas 'King Snake' O'Ware's book by trying to stick the boot in over what is in playing terms a sideways move. Like O'Ware he has shown great disrespect to this once-proud club and for that reason he must be mercilessly hounded from pillar to post by The Famous until the end of his playing career.

That's pretty much how I read it. If you were giving him the benefit of the doubt you could maybe say he's just a bit thick, but when you start going on about a "bigger" club it is, by definition, a slight on your previous team - fine if you've come from Albion Rovers, but when you've came from somewhere that's much of a muchness then it just seems like a snidey wee dig, and a bit daft when you're only a 6 month deal. 

AWMSC

It's not a theory; it's a fact. The precipitous decline in Russell's performances at Morton took place after we started fannying about with his position. As the same morons want to do with Iredale; indeed McKeown has only in the door five minutes and there has already been talk of bunging him into left midfield.

You'd think that having failed to secure a single left-back who was anything better than mediocre in donkeys' years would have Morton fans thinking twice about ruining decent prospects, but apparently not. And so the club gets the shan left backs that it truly deserves.

The fans will always differing opinions on

players strengths and weaknesses but these opinions have no bearing whatsoever on what the manager does. To suggest that fans are ruining decent players' prospects by giving their differing views is quite ridiculous.

Managers moving players around is quite a different thing.

To be fair, when somebody says they wish a player well I usually just take it as meaning they wish them no ill will rather than actively supporting their new team. Think people are over-thinking that one a bit.

ETA: Clapping players who contributed to a pretty shite bottom-half finish off the park as an opponent is pretty grim, right enough.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

It's not about how well or not Russell does at Falkirk that concerns me, it's the fact that you, as a Morton fan, are wishing a now rival player all the best.

It's all about the Morton for me and the only players I want to play well and that I'll ever wish well, are Morton players.

All the rest can do one.

If that makes me a "bunny boiler" then slap my ass and call me Buggs, because there's no chance in hell I'll be supporting a single player in this division, that's not on our books.

If u choose to think and have opinions on football like a ****ing Blue Peter presenter, that's not my problem.

^^^I like this guy. :thumbup2:

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

I’m sure Mark Russell will be looking forward to the crowds that Falkirk will attract for their four relegation six-pointers with Alloa this season.

What a terrible, wee shame for him.