Thread About Ex Player - Page 224 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

The bit about fans and facilities is true - bigger club though? They are a farce after allowing Hartley to axe and entire HIGH PERFORMING youth system in order to sign 16 diddies like Russell. Can't wait for Hartley to get his jotters and all his signings to end up in the seasides.

They are a bigger club than us. Just because you don’t like them, it doesn’t change that.

Given that he's only got a 6 month deal, it's entirely possible he's going to end up elsewhere in January so it's probably not a particularly smart thing to say about a sideways move.

Not really arsed though, he's hardly going to be the guy who goes and wins them the league. 

AWMSC

What do people expect the boy to say? I moved sideways as I wanted a shorter contract and to be nearer my mum's house. For me, Russell has done well to secure a ontract with Falkirk but I still hope every time he plays against Morton he has a howler.

• Upvote 2

Iredale was a better option last season and the new boy comes with a good reputation so I am not concerned about losing him but couldn't care if he plays for Falkirk or if he is let go in 6months to East Kilbride.

Hope he enjoys his better facilities, higher fan base etc

Falkirk announce bigger crowds but I'm not convinced they're near as good as they claim. Been there plenty of times you'd never guess above 2000 at the game and attendance announced as 4700 or something.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

To a certain age group, they're a bigger club. Mark Russell is right in that age group. Don't think it's anything to give him a hard time over.

Correct. Falkirk's record over Russell's living memory is much, much better than ours. They have a modern (albeit silly-looking) ground, they have a larger support, and most importantly they've had five seasons in the top flight this century, been to the big cup final twice, and even played in Europe. We've had none of these things.

EOho8Pw.png

Falkirk posted an average of 4,676 last season, while we had 1,986. Do you really think they're exaggerating that much? They're announcing an average of 2,691 more per game than they actually get? That's utterly mental.

EOho8Pw.png

Falkirk announce bigger crowds but I'm not convinced they're near as good as they claim. Been there plenty of times you'd never guess above 2000 at the game and attendance announced as 4700 or something.

Pics?

I've not been to Falkirk since 2007-08 admittedly (we weren't playing that day, Falkirk were, I went to an SPL game of theirs) but the crowd looked fine.

EOho8Pw.png