Thread About Ex Player - Page 223 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

This does my nut in aswell. All that sentimental bulls*** is cringey as ****.

And **** him is right. Why anyone would want to wish someone well when they could potentially cost us points, by playing well against us, is beyond me!

Funnily enough I don't think Morton fans who wish previous players well would be blowing their vuvuzela and chanting " he's one of our own" if they scored against us.

In this bizzaro land its just as likely that he could score the goal against a rival team to win us the league.

Mark Russell can do well at Falkirk without them winning the league while we languish behind them so there's no need to act like a bunny boiler ex girlfriend that normally sane men turn in to when it comes to football.

• Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Faoud 'King Snake' Bachirou gets an assist and a yellow card as his Malmo team slither to a draw at home to Hungarian permadiddy no-hopers Videoton in the CL play-off round. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Meanwhile back in the Swedish domestic campaign, Malmo are currently languishing in 6th place in the Swedish top flight, some five points behind... Ostersunds FK, the club that King Snake left to further his serpentine career at the end of last season. Now under the influence of a certain Brian Wake as first team coach, the north Swedish cracks have suddenly racked up seven wins and a draw in their last 8 matches and sit fourth. Wake's former club IFK Lulea in stark contrast have been punished with failure, losing four of their last six games and sliding from runaway leaders to 5th placed also-rans in their own division. 

What can you say - he's just a fucking prodigy at this football management lark as well. 

5fa0cb25da1d91c9969aac51759d7cfe541057ce

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's a bit extreme.

He's kept his council, and nobody knows what the situation is with him. He hasn't bad mouthed the club or even explicitly stated he's looking for better options.

The only one who's burned his bridges this summer is Tam O'Ware

I'd say Tiffoney did as well by approving of Keenan's digs at Tumilty, but agreed on Quitongo. He hasn't bad mouthed the club or displayed any unprofessionalism publicly the way the other two have.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Faoud 'King Snake' Bachirou gets an assist and a yellow card as his Malmo team slither to a draw at home to Hungarian permadiddy no-hopers Videoton in the CL play-off round. 

Technically now known as 'Vidi' after Videoton were replaced as main sponsor.

EOho8Pw.png

I think the thing about Quitongo that gets on folks' tits is that he never pretended to give two hoots about Morton. This ties in a bit with port-ton's bunny boiler point- fans can't see why players don't see their club as the centre of the universe and want them to think the way they do.

Quitongo's made it clear that he's an ambitious boy and the Morton was merely a stepping stone for him on his planned route to stardom. That'll annoy people, but is preferable to the attitude or rats like Bachirou and McManus.

#mortonfamily

Agree with this. This is a land of one-year contracts and players who can end up playing for a quarter of the country's league teams and nobody will bat an eye. As long as they're not badge-kissers or snakes, it's fine.

EOho8Pw.png

The one thing I find surprising with Tiffoney and Quitongo is that for the moment neither is earning.

It's not as if the wages they would be on will have led to them having big bank balances.

Surely the matter must come to a head soon.

I think the thing about Quitongo that gets on folks' tits is that he never pretended to give two hoots about Morton. This ties in a bit with port-ton's bunny boiler point- fans can't see why players don't see their club as the centre of the universe and want them to think the way they do.

Quitongo's made it clear that he's an ambitious boy and the Morton was merely a stepping stone for him on his planned route to stardom. That'll annoy people, but is preferable to the attitude or rats like Bachirou and McManus.

#mortonfamily

Mostly agree with that, but at the same time Morton ultimately gave Quitongo his break and offered a new contract despite him always being injured. It wouldn't have hurt his over-sized ego a great deal to have said "thanks, but no thanks" straight away rather than the fannying about that seems to have taken place.

I don't particularly wish him any ill, but he seems like a bit of an arsehole.

• Upvote 1

AWMSC

The other thing I thing I find surprising is the delusions of these players (more so Tiffoney & Russell). Jai has without a doubt got talent, but he is black marked as injury prone, so anyone having to pay money for him would have to take a big gamble & I cant see him ending up anywhere better than us, at least until he proves his fitness and with that being able to prove he can actually cut it for a full season and not just 3 or 4 flashes of talent a few games in a row before going off injured.

Russell is a strange one, had a great season and was courted by bigger clubs then looks to have believed his own hype & has been bang average now for a while (at best). Moving to Falkirk isn't a step up & no loss to us & god knows what happens to him if he flops there and doesn't go past his 6 months. Tiffoney seems to think he is something he isn't, whoreing himself about & failing to win trials all over the shop before no doubt getting a 6 month contract somewhere before washing up in the leagues below.

Now I don't know what wages these 3 were on, but if they were offered at least the equivalent (maybe that value is terrible), then it seems daft that they would pass this up & risk dropping down the divisions when they are in demand in the slightest as players

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

The one thing I find surprising with Tiffoney and Quitongo is that for the moment neither is earning.

It's not as if the wages they would be on will have led to them having big bank balances.

Surely the matter must come to a head soon.

They probably live at home.

Mostly agree with that, but at the same time Morton ultimately gave Quitongo his break and offered a new contract despite him always being injured. It wouldn't have hurt his over-sized ego a great deal to have said "thanks, but no thanks" straight away rather than the fannying about that seems to have taken place.

To be fair to the boy, I think it's hereditary.

*insert signature here*

I met Jai a few times down at parklea and cappielow. He always came across as very humble and always took the time to speak to myself and my young son. I was surprised as having seen him on the pitch I expected a cocky, arrogant wee guy but he was the exact opposite.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

This forgot how to left back because he left midfielded for a while theory about Russell is going far too far now. It may have been a contributing factor to his massive decline in form but its far too black and white to suggest that it's the main cause.

Players play in different positions all the time in the modern game and if playing left midfield for a few games completely derailed Russell's career then that's 100% on him,and if true then he wasn't cut out for the level of club who were apparently interested in him in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

“Former Morton player Mark Russell has revealed he quit the club for a fresh challenge. Russell believes his move to The Falkirk Stadium is a step forward, “It’s a bigger club with better facilities and more fans at the games. "I’m looking forward to playing for Falkirk.”

“Former Morton player Mark Russell has revealed he quit the club for a fresh challenge. Russell believes his move to The Falkirk Stadium is a step forward, “It’s a bigger club with better facilities and more fans at the games. "I’m looking forward to playing for Falkirk.”

The bit about fans and facilities is true - bigger club though? They are a farce after allowing Hartley to axe and entire HIGH PERFORMING youth system in order to sign 16 diddies like Russell. Can't wait for Hartley to get his jotters and all his signings to end up in the seasides.

• Downvote 1

Unfortunately, and for the moment most of what he says is true.

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

A fresh 6 month challenge.. I'd get the point if it was a long contract, but he could essentially be a free agent come January.