Thread About Ex Player - Page 222 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

You're not thinking about Charlie Telfer's move from Rangers by any chance are you?

I remember that one. In my head it was a foreign player that ended up injured for ages but maybe it was Telfer.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Hopefully Falkirk are due us compensation but haven't realised and are forced to give us £100k for a player they've only signed on a 6 month contract.

Was a team like Dundee Utd not forced to pay a large compensation sum for a player a few years ago and the guy had already turned out to be absolutely awful for them by the time they were forced to pay?

You're not thinking about Charlie Telfer's move from Rangers by any chance are you?

The thing with United and Telfer was that United paid less than Rangers had been wanting because they successfully argued that Telfer had only been at Rangers' second incarnation for a short period of time, hence shouldn't have had to shell out on him, was it not? Obviously fuelling the bad blood between the clubs further.

Anyway, got to agree with Jamie. Why do we always see folk on here wishing former players well, even when they go to our direct rivals? He's nothing to do with us anymore, f*ck him. As I said before, the thought of that horrible lot having to shell out for a left sided Scott Taggart would be wonderful. As long as Morton get their money for Russell, that's my only concern about him from here on in.

• Upvote 1

On the subject of ex-players, i'm predicting now that Gary Harkins will be a Morton player again next season.

Cringey love in with Harkins from sections of the crowd on Saturday.

Edited by Jamie_M

I can see one of or both Tiffoney and Jai coming back here with their tails between their legs.

If Jai came back we would have a daft amount of strikers on our books for a club our size if this boy from Sunderland signs as well.

So the rumour he is fecked for 3 months is rubbish.

Surprised his situation hasn't been resolved yet, he must be desperate just to play football. If as it appears, no one is willing to pay money for him, I don't understand why he hasn't just signed on.

He will be going week to week without a wage when he has a contract prob between 5-700 quid a week on the table from us. It's not like he has made a load of money from the game that he can go without a wage!

He should sign on,prove his fitness score goals, play well and someone is bound to come in for him next Summer.

He's been given a 6 month deal so they clearly view him as an Adam Coakley type signing rather than their star summer signing. Hope he does well though and manages to win a longer deal if he can get back to his old form.

Why would you want anyone to do well at a club in our division apart from us?
  • Upvote 2

So the rumour he is fecked for 3 months is rubbish.

Surprised his situation hasn't been resolved yet, he must be desperate just to play football. If as it appears, no one is willing to pay money for him, I don't understand why he hasn't just signed on.

He will be going week to week without a wage when he has a contract prob between 5-700 quid a week on the table from us. It's not like he has made a load of money from the game that he can go without a wage!

He should sign on,prove his fitness score goals, play well and someone is bound to come in for him next Summer.

I think he probably knows he has burnt his bridges with the Morton support. Edited by big B

I think he probably knows he has burnt his bridges with the Morton support.

That's a bit extreme.

He's kept his council, and nobody knows what the situation is with him. He hasn't bad mouthed the club or even explicitly stated he's looking for better options.

The only one who's burned his bridges this summer is Tam O'Ware

• Downvote 1

That's a bit extreme.

He's kept his council, and nobody knows what the situation is with him. He hasn't bad mouthed the club or even explicitly stated he's looking for better options.

The only one who's burned his bridges this summer is Tam O'Ware

Agreed.

[quote name="Toby" post="1097806"

Anyway, got to agree with Jamie. Why do we always see folk on here wishing former players well, even when they go to our direct rivals? He's nothing to do with us anymore, f*ck him.

This does my nut in aswell. All that sentimental bullshit is cringey as fuck.

And fuck him is right. Why anyone would want to wish someone well when they could potentially cost us points, by playing well against us, is beyond me!

• Upvote 1