Thread About Ex Player - Page 188 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Lyle is nearly 37, is finished, and looked as good as finished after his stint at The Famous. Reality has finally caught up with his bizarre coda to a career that should have plunged into the seaside leagues five years ago.

If Lyle and Russell can keep Falkirk nailed in their play-off box then that's great. I'm very sceptical about that outcome though. Dumbarton would have been better off trying to sign Darryl Duffy instead IMO.

He has scored more goals so far this season than any one of our forwards. (Harkins, who has 1 more excepted due to predominantly playing in the middle). Edited by Jamie_M

Lyle is nearly 37, is finished, and looked as good as finished after his stint at The Famous. Reality has finally caught up with his bizarre coda to a career that should have plunged into the seaside leagues five years ago.

If Lyle and Russell can keep Falkirk nailed in their play-off box then that's great. I'm very sceptical about that outcome though. Dumbarton would have been better off trying to sign Darryl Duffy instead IMO.

He’s scored 64 League Goals for QOS since he left us, hardly finished.

He’s scored 64 League Goals for QOS since he left us, hardly finished.

Our mistake was we got him before he was truly finished. DDFR prefers desperado signings who are completely washed up such as Gaz O'Connor. I am just surprised we never went back in for Lyle.

Our mistake was we got him before he was truly finished. DDFR prefers desperado signings who are completely washed up such as Gaz O'Connor. I am just surprised we never went back in for Lyle.

We only got rid of him because of the drugs carry on. I met a guy on holiday that summer who lived near Lyle, he said his family were well known in the area, and they’d get someone to take the fall for him.

I’d take him back till the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

He has scored more goals so far this season than any one of our forwards. (Harkins, who has 1 more excepted due to predominantly playing in the middle).

And yet he still wouldn't actually get on our bench, were everyone fit. Which is part of the reason why Duffy isn't remotely interested in signing this geriatric hotshot.

Queen of the South are a far more open team than ourselves: their forwards therefore have an easier job scoring, while they also readily ship goals at the other end. Which is why The Famous were streets ahead of them last season with Ross Forbes as our top scorer, while the puffing failure Stephen Dobbie was banging them in for that rabble.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We only got rid of him because of the drugs carry on. I met a guy on holiday that summer who lived near Lyle, he said his family were well known in the area, and they’d get someone to take the fall for him.

We also got rid of him because he was entirely mediocre playing up front for us in the middle of the First Division, and we actually had under Allan Moore a genuine intention of competing for the title. Which is why in the summer of 2011 we upgraded and got Peter MacDonald on a free transfer to replace him - one of the club's rare, excellent dealings in the transfer market since Hal fucking Stewart left.

Tl;Dr version: the 'we missed Lyle' wailing right now is the worst and lowest form of revisionism, completely unsupported by fact-based analysis.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

And yet he still wouldn't actually get on our bench, were everyone fit. Which is part of the reason why Duffy isn't remotely interested in signing this geriatric hotshot.

Queen of the South are a far more open team than ourselves: their forwards therefore have an easier job scoring, while they also readily ship goals at the other end. Which is why The Famous were streets ahead of them last season with Ross Forbes as our top scorer, while the puffing failure Stephen Dobbie was banging them in for that rabble.

Dobbie is a puffing failure? Come on VT he's made a good career for himself and is an excellent player at this level.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 2 weeks later...

Dobbie is a puffing failure? Come on VT he's made a good career for himself and is an excellent player at this level.

That'll be why since rejoining the club last summer, Queen of the South's marquee signing (by kit size at least) has pushed them into the play-offs and played a key role in terrific cup runs. Much like his career as a whole, his gormless cameo at this level is notable only for a lack of credible success or achievements. 

That'll be why since rejoining the club last summer, Queen of the South's marquee signing (by kit size at least) has pushed them into the play-offs and played a key role in terrific cup runs. Much like his career as a whole, his gormless cameo at this level is notable only for a lack of credible success or achievements.

A marquee signing eh? Presumably you think he doesn’t do much, just loiters with intent.

• Downvote 8

A marquee signing eh? Presumably you think he doesn’t do much, just loiters with intent.

Eric the Fantasist

Bad!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And you clearly care about this. You actually spent the time issuing a few thousand of these yourself (not to mention your fake accounts) Good work kid !

Sad !

I'm not responsible for nearly one-third of The Clique's global output: swing and a miss. 

But speaking of red dots - and seeing as you're not at all ruffled by them - have another one for your own burgeoning collection DH. 

I'm not responsible for nearly one-third of The Clique's global output: swing and a miss.

But speaking of red dots - and seeing as you're not at all ruffled by them - have another one for your own burgeoning collection DH.

That’s what you get when you mess with Dr Stephen Strange, PhuD, and his Wand of Watoomb. Edited by Ed de Ball
  • Downvote 9