Thread About Ex Player - Page 185 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/malmo-ff-allt-narmre-konkurrentens-stjarna/

Assuming Google Translate is accurate... long story short, he's snaked his way out of another club because his agent was disclosing contractual details (e.g. release clause) without authorization.

Fair play because his agent, Blash Hosseini, appears to be absolutely ruthless and gets the best deal for his clients (and himself, needless to say) without things like rules getting in the way. I bet we'd all like someone like that fighting our corner. Unfortunately Morton haven't got the stones for anything like this so we'll continue to fall prey to people who take their work seriously.

EOho8Pw.png

For 7 million Krona (£630k).

Ten percent of that would have been nice.

Presumably that was his minimum release clause or at least close to it. He had two years left on his deal and was a key player in a massively successful Ostersund team. You'd have to think that if that deal was being renegotiated today his minimum fee would be significantly higher.

EOho8Pw.png

Ten percent of that would have been nice.

Presumably that was his minimum release clause or at least close to it. He had two years left on his deal and was a key player in a massively successful Ostersund team. You'd have to think that if that deal was being renegotiated today his minimum fee would be significantly higher.

I’m not in the know about what went on when he left us but fair fucks to him for getting a decent move like that.

Can't believe some people never rated him when he was here.

Apart from having two left feet, an inability to defend, couldnae tackle a fish supper, never scored enough and as for his heading ability he is every inch a £630,000 player. Morton are well shot of that haddie.

• Downvote 1

Apart from having two left feet, an inability to defend, couldnae tackle a fish supper, never scored enough and as for his heading ability he is every inch a £630,000 player. Morton are well shot of that haddie.

One of the things that impressed me most about Bachirou was that he wasn’t forced into a tackle very often - he was so effective at winning (and then retaining) possession without having to do so.

One of the things that impressed me most about Bachirou was that he wasn’t forced into a tackle very often - he was so effective at winning (and then retaining) possession without having to do so.

Sorry you must be a DDFR fluffer thinking wee Fred was a player - aside from that totes.

• Downvote 1

If OFK had signed him and he didn't make an impact, there would be merit in this position. But he was a key player in a team that has gone far in Europe. He played the vast majority of their games and then got a transfer to Sweden's biggest club. For him to get one (relatively) good transfer, fine, that can be luck. But if it happens twice, what's more likely here - that both clubs are wrong, or that you're wrong?

Yes, he had economy of movement, which is unfashionable in Scotland.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Sorry you must be a DDFR fluffer thinking wee Fred was a player - aside from that totes.

Was a player? No, is a player. He's clearly and obviously one of the top three players at Morton in the past five years. Barrie McKay is another, and people didn't rate him either.

EOho8Pw.png

Was a player? No, is a player. He's clearly and obviously one of the top three players at Morton in the past five years. Barrie McKay is another, and people didn't rate him either.

I didn’t rate McKay because he’s a bellend with a stinking attitude. It was clear there was a decent player in him but didn’t show enough of it and wasn’t up for a relegation battle. Contributed to one of the worst results in our club’s history.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t rate McKay because he’s a bellend with a stinking attitude. It was clear there was a decent player in him but didn’t show enough of it and wasn’t up for a relegation battle. Contributed to one of the worst results in our club’s history.

His attitude was questionable but his talent was not, it was clear as day he was going to make it at Rangers.

EOho8Pw.png

If OFK had signed him and he didn't make an impact, there would be merit in this position. But he was a key player in a team that has gone far in Europe. He played the vast majority of their games and then got a transfer to Sweden's biggest club. For him to get one (relatively) good transfer, fine, that can be luck. But if it happens twice, what's more likely here - that both clubs are wrong, or that you're wrong?

You do know that I was a fanboy of oor Fred? I just find it amusing that some are unwilling to see beyond a dislike of the lad and acknowledge that he had a modicum of ability.

Really?

Yep, I said so at the time. I've been wrong about players before but I said at the time that McKay would go on to have a fine career because he was so effortlessly ahead of the game.

EOho8Pw.png

His attitude was questionable but his talent was not, it was clear as day he was going to make it at Rangers.

Depends how you define making it at Rangers. At Morton, Raith, Rangers and Forest he displayed/displays ability in fits and starts - the other constant is he divided/divides opinion.