Thread About Ex Player - Page 52 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Remember when Steve Evans said Masterton was good enough for the Championship and was better than what Millwall and Crystal Palace had in midfield at the time? :D

I thought Masterton had the makings of a very good player but he lacked in application and effort. Another all too common story of wasted talent.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Remember when Steve Evans said Masterton was good enough for the Championship and was better than what Millwall and Crystal Palace had in midfield at the time? :D

I thought Masterton had the makings of a very good player but he lacked in application and effort. Another all too common story of wasted talent.

Masterton was probably one of the better passers of the ball that we've had in the last 10 years, and his set pieces were a dangerous tool, but he was as slow as a week in the jail, had a heart the size of a pea, and just didn't have the awareness to ever go far in the game.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Who?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Was a passenger in a taxi last week, driven by none other than Jim Tolmie.Said he had great memories of Morton and the only regret being that we hadn't gone full time when we had the chance.

Was also speaking to someone who started working for a Danish firm and he got talking to his Danish boss about football and all the Danes who had played for Morton.The name Erik Sorensen was mentioned to which the Danish guy replied, "my son plays football with Erik's son". Seems Erik is working as a ticket collector in Copenhagen railway station.

Was a passenger in a taxi last week, driven by none other than Jim Tolmie.Said he had great memories of Morton and the only regret being that we hadn't gone full time when we had the chance.

Was also speaking to someone who started working for a Danish firm and he got talking to his Danish boss about football and all the Danes who had played for Morton.The name Erik Sorensen was mentioned to which the Danish guy replied, "my son plays football with Erik's son". Seems Erik is working as a ticket collector in Copenhagen railway station.

That doesn't seem right about Erik Sorensen - he's well into his 70's now, so I'd be very surprised if he was working as a ticket collector. Last I heard he had a pub in Odense.

Yes, think I can more or less confirm that. A friend is a pen-pal of Eriks daughter and she told me a couple of years ago that Erik was indeed working for the Danish Railways.