Thread About Ex Player - Page 26 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Jason walker scored a cracker for York in the 95th minute of their game yesterday.game finished a Desmond.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

In a rare piece of upward progression for one of our ex-players, Brian Wake made the switch over the summer from Östersunds to Umeå in Sweden. Wake scored 26 goals in 33 games for the former and has already netted his first goal for his new club. Umeå play in the second-highest tier of Swedish football.

Well done. :)

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

In a rare piece of upward progression for one of our ex-players, Brian Wake made the switch over the summer from Östersunds to Umeå in Sweden. Wake scored 26 goals in 33 games for the former and has already netted his first goal for his new club. Umeå play in the second-highest tier of Swedish football.

Well done. :)

Naw!!! He canny be doin well! According to a lot of Message Board experts he's crap!

Seriously though, good for him. I thought he had a good awareness in the box; a natural striker. From what I remember, his scoring stats for us were quite good.

Naw!!! He canny be doin well! According to a lot of Message Board experts he's crap!

Seriously though, good for him. I thought he had a good awareness in the box; a natural striker. From what I remember, his scoring stats for us were quite good.

Wake scored 17 goals in 56 games which, on average, is around 1 goal every 3 games.

Starting:

League: 28 games, 14 goals

Cup: 8 games, 2 goals

Sub:

League: 27 games, 3 goals

Sub: 2 games, 0 goals

The problem with Wake was that he would have an amazing games every so often, he scored in 13 games for us (6 doubles), but in between those matches he often contributed very little. He would often play great if we were playing great - he scored doubles in 4-2, 5-0, 4-2 and 6-3 wins. At times he was just about the worst player i've ever seen at Morton, on other occasions he was brilliant. It's difficult to rely on a player like that.

It seems that Gateshead got the awful Wake, but the good Wake went to Sweden :lol:

Starting:

League: 28 games, 14 goals

Cup: 8 games, 2 goals

Sub:

League: 27 games, 3 goals

Sub: 2 games, 0 goals

The problem with Wake was that he would have an amazing games every so often, he scored in 13 games for us (6 doubles), but in between those matches he often contributed very little. He would often play great if we were playing great - he scored doubles in 4-2, 5-0, 4-2 and 6-3 wins. At times he was just about the worst player i've ever seen at Morton, on other occasions he was brilliant. It's difficult to rely on a player like that.

It seems that Gateshead got the awful Wake, but the good Wake went to Sweden :lol:

I think that's a fair description of him. At times he looked like he had never seen a football in his life, but then he would score goals like the one he scored against Livingston at home, dribbling around 3 players and curling one into the bottom corner.

An absolute enigma, but good for 10 goals a season probably. I'd happily have him in the squad right now.

I think that's a fair description of him. At times he looked like he had never seen a football in his life, but then he would score goals like the one he scored against Livingston at home, dribbling around 3 players and curling one into the bottom corner.

An absolute enigma, but good for 10 goals a season probably. I'd happily have him in the squad right now.

Agree with this - not the most consistent but some great spells for us and important goals. His was always committed too and I'd take him back at the moment.

He scored a barrel load as his team got promoted from a pub league (fourth level), and won a move to the Norwegian second division to the side who got promoted from the third level... hardly proof of anything! :lol: