Thread About Ex Player - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Yeah, regardless of who it is we definitely need another central midfielder capable of playing a defensive role. At least with the attacking players you could get away with moving Graham or someone else inside, or have Campbell playing off the lone striker. If Hardie's out we're looking at having a centre back in midfield or having to change the system and go 4-4-2 because of one player being out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Could be Moore also has his eye on the reserves. There are a few boys there who could maybe do a job filling in. From that perspective, if we get ahead against Albion or East Stirling, we should be looking at giving one or two a run out off the bench.

PS; Wallace played central/defensive midfield for Dumbarton. He can move in one and play Graham right wing

Edited by Tonsilitis

Only just saw that it was Jackson who got the equaliser against Sevco today. Felt we should've kept him. Would much rather have him around than Weatherson tbh.

I agree, and I think he was a much better partner for MacDonald than anyone else last season. However, I suspect that he may not have wanted to stay given how quickly he was released and how quickly he then signed for a lesser club - if he's a job lined up could be was better off combining that with a part time job in football, particularly if he doesn't live close to Greenock?

Derek Young signed for Queens aye? See he played for them yesterday in the cup. Where has McAlister ended up, he's away from Accies isn't he?

Its interesting that Young turned down a contract with us because of the travelling!

I heard McAlister was on trial with Carlisle but I don't know if anything came of it.

Its interesting that Young turned down a contract with us because of the travelling!

I heard McAlister was on trial with Carlisle but I don't know if anything came of it.

I believe that Young turned us down because he was asked to come down from Aberdeen for training 4 days a week rather than the 2 or 3 which he was doing last season, and he wasn't up for it. I guess that Queens were more flexible, and they train in Glasgow so the travelling would have been about the same for him.

As for Jim, it would be a real shame to see him not get a club. Maybe he'll end up back at Accies on lesser terms than last season.

Regarding Jim, I have heard a 3rd Division team are looking at him.

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."