Thread About Ex Player - Page 410 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Delighted to see Lewis has got a deal sorted - i am sure he will do well with Airdrie if given a chance.  Hopefully Hynes gets something sorted too.

I might be putting 2+2 together and making 5 here but reading between the lines of what he says around being benched and getting little game time, coupled with the way the club statement on his release was different from the others in that it didn’t mention mutual consent, I just wonder if he maybe asked to be released or said he didn’t fancy going out on loan as most of us would have expected him to do

Either way he seems like a good lad and I wish him all the very best (until he faces us of course)

Edited by Greacen2000
  • Upvote 1

Scott Fox signs for Cove Rangers.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

9 hours ago, Toby said:

No point in starting a new thread about it, but I see at about 46:30, Kevin Kyle stating categorically that Morton fixed the game at Hamilton in 2014, and Dougie’s name being specifically mentioned by Ryan Conroy in relation to the “fix” in spite of playing well and scoring twice that day.

Pricks.

Even more glad I’ve never given those knob-ends a moments listen.  
Hope the club/Dougie get wind of it and contact the lawyers

here today, gone to hell

Ross Caldwell played the full game so far as Darvel are 1-0 up on Aberdeen, heading into the final minutes.

Yes, Darvel are rich by non-league standards, but if they can hold on this is one of the biggest Scottish Cup shocks of all time. Tier 6 to tier 1 is a hell of a gap.

Edit: They win 1-0. Jim "Skunk" Goodwin probably on the way out from Aberdeen.

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

23 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Ross Caldwell played the full game so far as Darvel are 1-0 up on Aberdeen, heading into the final minutes.

Yes, Darvel are rich by non-league standards, but if they can hold on this is one of the biggest Scottish Cup shocks of all time. Tier 6 to tier 1 is a hell of a gap.

Edit: They win 1-0. Jim "Skunk" Goodwin probably on the way out from Aberdeen.

Hopefully Aberdeen seen our result at the weekend and don't think Imrie is good enough for their new manager shortlist.

Although pumpings at Parkhead is the Aberdeen way.

32 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Hopefully Aberdeen seen our result at the weekend and don't think Imrie is good enough for their new manager shortlist.

Although pumpings at Parkhead is the Aberdeen way.

They'll go for a big name, I reckon.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

They'll go for a big name, I reckon.

Not necessarily. Goodwin currently has the job, so they have been fishing in smaller ponds since McInnes left.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Aberdeen and Hibs are exactly the kind of clubs who'll view themselves as being above appointing a manager from the Championship, while simultaneously thinking someone with no managerial experience is a great idea. If they're appointing someone from another Scottish club it's from a smaller Premiership side, and they're more likely to make desperate attempts at a wacky 'project' appointment hoping to unearth a hidden genius. See Glass and Maloney, which worked out so well for them both.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

11 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Think I seen something on Twitter about him saying "I was bored of Scottish football" when he joined up at Hartlepool. Seems to do a bit of charity work but also comes across like a bit of an arse. 

Even without Grimshaw I wouldn't have him back.