Thread About Ex Player - Page 408 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

McManus played for TNS tonight as they lost at home to Dundee in the Challenge Cup.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, anyway. Went to Bonnyrigg v Annan tonight to tick the ground off with the boy. It was only when the teams were read out that we remembered that Reece Lyon was at Annan. The game largely passed him by as the Annan defence spent the night trying to outdo Morton in the longball stakes, however he did show glimpses of his capabilities, unfortunately not enough. Finished 2-0 Bonnyrigg in case anyone's interested, not a great standard either.

The page doesn't load. Still, it's up on their Twitter still, so presumably it's official.

I did see from their site that Dean Matthew's up for his testimonial year after a glorious decade doing whatever the fuck.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

On 9/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, dunning1874 said:

Gourlay, but Charlie 'I could play in the Premiership no problem' Telfer signed for Airdrie the other day.

Update on Premiership level Charlie.

Airdrie before signing Telfer: P6 W3 D2 L1
Airdrie since signing Telfer (starting him every week): P5 W1 D1 L3

He's like an inverse Allan Jenkins.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

O'Ware (booked), Tidser (subbed) and Low all played for the Kelty Hearts side that won 3-2 at Falkirk yesterday.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Was quite interested to hear Charlie Richmond saying on Off The Ball yesterday that the biggest arsehole he dealt with in his years of refereeing was Peter Houston, who was very good in front of a camera, but horrendous to deal with behind closed doors.

At no point in my life could I ever have imagined that he’d have been a beetroot-faced wall puncher…

Ryan 'clownshoes' Scilly has been signed by Hamilton to solve their lack of competent goalkeeping options. Which means that we can finally stick a fork in that stupid wee outfit now. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

32 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Reece Lyon picked up another booking as Annan are defeated. Bottom of the league. 

I somehow think his Morton career is over.

Just because the team as a whole is shite, it doesn't necessarily means he himself is playing badly. But yeah, it's not looking good.

Would be a real pity if his career has hit the buffers because not so long ago he still looked like a decent prospect. Still not outwith the bounds of possibility that he can turn it around, but I don't think playing for Annan at the arse end of league 2 is the place to do it. 

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Just because the team as a whole is shite, it doesn't necessarily means he himself is playing badly. But yeah, it's not looking good.

Would be a real pity if his career has hit the buffers because not so long ago he still looked like a decent prospect. Still not outwith the bounds of possibility that he can turn it around, but I don't think playing for Annan at the arse end of league 2 is the place to do it. 

I hoped that reece going there would have given him a kick up the arse. He really should be cruising that league but have heard nothing of him at all.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Duffy has just been appointed as manager of Clyde for the second time, replacing Danny Lennon.

Allan Moore had been in caretaker charge... I think he now goes back to the assistant role. So it's an ex-Morton dream team in the dugout.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png