Thread About Ex Player - Page 406 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Did everyone see Jim McAlister Running to the fans with the Rangers players last night and whooping it up! 

The guys a rangers fan and works for rangers who cares what he does now. 

Edited by gmfc23

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Fair comment, just felt a bit strange watching him in that guise after all his years with The Ton.

See as long as players give there all while with us I honestly couldn't give a fk when they leave what they do. 

2 hours ago, Hej said:

Me.

The currant buns are a repulsive group of people. And McAlister is a snake. 

Both halves are repulsive and Scottish lower league football is full of players who support either cheek of the same arse. 

The snake part yes for leaving half way through a bad season. But it was ultimately job security for him. 

Never understood the hate for Fred.

Is there something that went on behind the scenes before he left? 

Guy has went on to have probably the best career of a Morton player in the last two decades? Also netted us a good fee when be moved to Malmo. 

If I remember correctly, didn't look out of place either when he played in Europe for Malmo/Ostersunds.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 8/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, ChampTon said:

Guy has went on to have probably the best career of a Morton player in the last two decades? Also netted us a good fee when be moved to Malmo. 

If I remember correctly, didn't look out of place either when he played in Europe for Malmo/Ostersunds.

I guess because he initially chose not to re-sign, expecting to move on to a bigger club, then wound up back with us when no offers of note materialised?

He turned down Accies to stay with us, so that’s got to be a small mark in his favour.

Edited by Pedrodelawasp

On 8/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, ChampTon said:

Refused to play claiming he was injured if memory serves me right.  Basically worked his ticket.   Fantastic player but ultimate shat on the club who gave him a platform to eventually make his big move.  

• Upvote 2

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

3 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Refused to play claiming he was injured if memory serves me right.  Basically worked his ticket.   Fantastic player but ultimate shat on the club who gave him a platform to eventually make his big move.  

As far as I recall he simply refused to play, in spite of having a year left on his contract.

It’s important to say that everything I’ve ever heard were mere allegations, but I’m comfortable enough with my sources. There are ways and means of engineering a move whilst still under contract, but taking strike action against a club who have probably never treated a player as well as Bachirou was treated was despicable behaviour, no better than that of Raymond McKinnon. At least Daft Raymond got the head down and never mentioned his time at Morton after he fucked off instead of that #mortonfamily shite on Twitter.

I wasn’t happy seeing Tommy Turner paraded in front of the Cowshed the other week, but I’d be disgusted to see that little rat ever darken out door again.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Toby said:

I wasn’t happy seeing Tommy Turner paraded in front of the Cowshed the other week, but I’d be disgusted to see that little rat ever darken out door again.

I did notice that Turner's reception was rather less than Jim Rooney's was. Whilst he did play for the midden, Turner was still a major part in the last Morton side to get promoted to the top flight  and scored in our first home win over Deadco in 70 years. I don't really have a problem with him - he played for two other clubs before going to Paisley (plus his error led to our 2nd goal in the 5-1 game).

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Gary Oliver sent off for F*lk*rk whilst they lose 3-0 at Dundee.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.