Thread About Ex Player - Page 405 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Rikki Lamie sent off as Motherwell win 1-0 in Paisley.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Appoint Sir Richard chairman for life for a noble attempt at maiming one of them. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

A little surprised to see Marcus Fjortoft announcing his retirement from professional football om LinkedIn. He was prone to the odd error but I would have thought he could still expect to find a club in the lower leagues.

"I am officially retiring from professional football. While it is a decision, I had very much come to terms with a couple of months ago, the very act of letting go of being “a footballer” has still been somewhat daunting. It has been a lifestyle and an identity I have lived with for as long as I can remember. Since joining my dad for practices and games as a young kid, the dream of playing football for a living has persisted. It remained while everyone around me seemed to develop faster than I did as a teenager. It remained when I decided to go to Duke on a scholarship and pursue my degrees. It also remained when I went from being drafted to not having a club at 24 while I pursued my masters.

In the end, my dream came true, albeit an unconventional one. I played on three continents, in four countries, and for five different clubs. I have played in front of 60,000 people, scored a 120th-minute equalizer, and thrived through gruelling relegation battles. I have been praised, heckled, revered, and blamed. I have worked sacrificially for the highs but have also endured many failures. I am thankful for every one of them. It’s been a unique path. It’s been a challenging path. But, it’s been MY path.

Whether it be a Scottish industrial town, a New Zealand coastal city, an American university, or “soccer” in New York City, its people, stories, and traditions are its lifeblood. I am grateful to have shared these experiences with the lovely people I have met along the way. Thank you for the support and memories.

It is now time for me to use the education football has given me to take on new challenges. I cannot wait!"

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, HamCam said:

A little surprised to see Marcus Fjortoft announcing his retirement from professional football om LinkedIn. He was prone to the odd error but I would have thought he could still expect to find a club in the lower leagues.

I actually don't think it's too much of a surprise, to be honest. I never really got the impression that playing football was really quite his thing, so far as the dedication to be a professional goes - I don't think he was lazy or unprofessional or anything but for some reason it just always struck me that he was one of these guys just doing it as a job that he happened to be half decent at rather than because it's his purpose in life. If he was an eyes-on-the-prize, all-in type, chances are he'd have found himself a wee bit further up the food chain.

Nothing particularly wrong with that, to be fair, there's plenty of players in that category but it doesn't surprise me that Fjortoft's decided to go and do something else. He was alright for us and seems a decent guy so good luck to him.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

He played college soccer at Duke, which is an elite university. He mentions in his post that he also has a Master's degree. He can either bounce around the mid-leagues earning a few bob here and there for another six years, or he can start his white-collar career. It sounds like he's chosen the latter. Best of luck to him.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

He did a podcast with Cieran Mckenna that played at Falkirk and he's started a bundesliga podcast with his dad this summer which I imagine will be pretty successful given who his dad is and the contacts he has. 

Seems to be the sort of guy that could put his hand to most things and be successful, with football probably being one of the things he isn't able to so no real surprise to see him retire but good luck to him. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Best of luck to him. I thought he was a decent player for us and a bit of a cult hero for some. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

A very eloquent retirement announcement. I liked him as a player even if he made a few mistakes on the pitch. Good luck to him in his new career.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

14 hours ago, HamCam said:

A little surprised to see Marcus Fjortoft announcing his retirement from professional football om LinkedIn. 

Signing for the Little People was already announcing that his spell in professional football was at an end. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Good to see that wee cunt McGowan having a stinker yesterday and wtf is his hair all about?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Good to see that wee cunt McGowan having a stinker yesterday and wtf is his hair all about?

Unwilling to accept baldness.

Even someone in the Cowshed invited him to "just f**king shave it aff ya wee c**t".

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Unwilling to accept baldness.

Even someone in the Cowshed invited him to "just f**king shave it aff ya wee c**t".

🤣