Thread About Ex Player - Page 404 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

On 7/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, Toby said:

Declan McManus’s TNS beat Conor Pepper’s Linfield 1-0 in the Champions League Qualifiers first leg tonight. McManus played the full 90 but Pepper didn’t come off the bench.

Looks to be the same tonight. Pepper on the bench, McManus started. It's 0-0 in Belfast with 25 minutes to go.

If Pepper comes in, is this the first time two ex-Morton players have faced each other in the UCL? Maybe in Europe entirely? There can't be that many.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Looks to be the same tonight. Pepper on the bench, McManus started. It's 0-0 in Belfast with 25 minutes to go.

If Pepper comes in, is this the first time two ex-Morton players have faced each other in the UCL? Maybe in Europe entirely? There can't be that many.

Having been an interested observer McManus is still as hateful as ever. He huffed and puffed, still has the touch of a baby elephant and blew probably their only real guilt edge chance in the game heading straight at the keeper from 10 yards out with no one near him. Now looks like he'll be out for a while after picking up what looked like a hamstring injury late in extra time. How sad.(aye right)

Pepper came off the bench. Had a shaky start but in the whole defended well and was useful fresh legs going forward for the eventual winners.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Nornirontons said:

Having been an interested observer McManus is still as hateful as ever. He huffed and puffed, still has the touch of a baby elephant and blew probably their only real guilt edge chance in the game heading straight at the keeper from 10 yards out with no one near him. Now looks like he'll be out for a while after picking up what looked like a hamstring injury late in extra time. How sad.(aye right)

Pepper came off the bench. Had a shaky start but in the whole defended well and was useful fresh legs going forward for the eventual winners.

I'm glad to hear Pepper won the battle of the ex-Ton players!

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

I'm glad to hear Pepper won the battle of the ex-Ton players!

On the other hand, it's Linfield.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Stuart Findlay signs for Oxford.

Tony Wallace scores an injury time penalty to equalise for Annan against Ayr, then he and Andy Murdoch both miss in the subsequent shoot-out, which Annan win to send them through and knock Ayr out. What a shame.

• Upvote 2

Greg Kiltie was sent off in the 1st half as the midden lost 2-0 at Airdrie, and are also out of the cup now.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Autocorrect correction.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

After a 1-0 win over Bodo/Glimt in the first leg, Linfield CRASH out of the Champions League with an 8-0 reversal in the Arctic Circle.

But their European adventure isn't over; they drop into the Europa League now to face FC Zurich.

Should they lose that (which they probably will), they go on to face KI of the Faroes or or Ballkani of Kosovo.

EOho8Pw.png

On 7/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, SpoonTon said:

Lawrence Shankland is back in Scotland with Hearts. I wonder if he'll actually manage the first decent top flight season of his career. 

He’s 16-1 to be top scorer with McBookie, who have Stephen Fletcher at 33-1. He’s not listed on Betfred, who have Fletcher at 50-1, so I’ve asked them for a price.

8 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

He’s 16-1 to be top scorer with McBookie, who have Stephen Fletcher at 33-1. He’s not listed on Betfred, who have Fletcher at 50-1, so I’ve asked them for a price.

Unsurprisingly they’ve given me 16-1! I’ve placed my bet with McBookie.

Checked the lolkirk  squad and ugwu isn't there so assume hasn't signed for them? Also Iain Wilson and gavin Riley  not in the Queens squad either. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Checked the lolkirk  squad and ugwu isn't there so assume hasn't signed for them? Also Iain Wilson and gavin Riley  not in the Queens squad either. 

Them getting bodied 4-1 at home from Clyde is a grim result

Jacobs beats Tidser as Edinburgh win 2-0 at Kelty. 

Nesbitt, Oliver and McGuffie all play as Falkirk draw 0-0 with Montrose, for whom Gardyne comes off the bench. 

I'd take Montrose's squad over ours, no question

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I think they're both injured.  That was a right doing Queens go, 4-1 after taking the lead in the first minute.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."