Thread About Ex Player - Page 401 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

11 minutes ago, Toby said:

Iain Wilson signs for Queen of the South.

Would have liked to see him stay.Took his time to get up to speed and was a decent addition to the squad. Not overly disappointed though as there's better out there. 

My concern is that Queens may be a more attractive option than us with him and now really leaving for them.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Wilson was ok, nothing more. Ponderous, seemed to be pretty slow. No great loss. Lets us bring in someone decent to complement Lyon/Blues who work well together.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Disappointed with that, was hoping he would sign on as he impressed once he got up to match fitness.

Wouldn't mind us going for McGinn now as he clearly doesn't rate Jacobs.

I really don't think mcginn is what we need or what Dougie would be looking to bring in. Regardless of what formation we are going to place need another central midfielder in. Preferably in the tidser mould who can be that creative spark and offer something different to Lyons, blue and Jacobs.

Hopefully Dougie has a plan B.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:10 PM, Mr.Blue said:

Jazz juttla played in the Ryan Mcdonald tournament at Cappielow today and looked like he could still do a job. Fantastic fitness and ability for 47 years old.

Dear god.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

On 5/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, TRVMP said:

Wtf do Kelty need a "sporting director" for? They don't have an academy, they don't have a B team, most of their players are on one or two year deals. You use a sporting director to build multi-year squads with succession plans etc. Is his job just to find good players out of contract in League One and text them?

Reminds me of when Gretna had a European scout (no joke, they did.)

Edit - in fairness to Kelty they're clearly doing good work both on and off the pitch. This just strikes me as an odd role. 

#joabsfurraboays

*insert signature here*

8 hours ago, capitanus said:

Dear god.

Have I missed something?

30 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Have I missed something?

I’d say Capitanus is maybe inferring that you’re suggesting we sign him. I assume that’s not what you meant. Though I hear Andy Ritchie has been in training recently.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I’d say Capitanus is maybe inferring that you’re suggesting we sign him. I assume that’s not what you meant. Though I hear Andy Ritchie has been in training recently.

Aye he'd be am upgrade on Darren Hynes. Get it done Dougie.

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Have I missed something?

The fact that he was absolutely dung whenever he did actually play for us.  Just because he looks fit in a kickabout 25 years later doesnt make him a player.

*insert signature here*

28 minutes ago, capitanus said:

The fact that he was absolutely dung whenever he did actually play for us.  Just because he looks fit in a kickabout 25 years later doesnt make him a player.

Ah ok.  Just being an arsehole then? Carry on.

14 hours ago, capitanus said:

He must surely rue the day that he left Morton.

They almost always do. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are