Thread About Ex Player - Page 400 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

42 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I see that Ricki Lamie has told Dundee where to poke their pre-contract and signed another 2 year deal with Motherwell.

That’s good. I never understood why he’d signed for them. I actually wondered if another club might be interested, even Hearts.

Michael Doyle released by Queens Park rather surprisingly, at least to him it seems going by his twitter. 

Seems an odd one on the face of it given he's their captain and been successful with them. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

21 minutes ago, Deego said:

Queen's Park ruthless in their releases. They must be lining up to go for it next season I reckon.

Seems like it. Doyle the most surprising. Thought that was a total ex-Morton clearout but Kilday got offered a new deal.

See they will be groundsharing with Stenny, at least for the first part of the season.

Was mchugh not the last morton striker to hit double figures in a season and he's wasn't exactly playing in a very good morton team. 

That's not advocating a return we could but probably won't get much better. 

8 hours ago, gmfc23 said:

Was mchugh not the last morton striker to hit double figures in a season and he's wasn't exactly playing in a very good morton team. 

He scored 8 Championship goals in the Covid curtailed season, 12 if you include the various cups. He was however playing in a relatively good Morton team though - at least attacking wise. Cadden was delivering chances at the back post like the ball was on a string and the team as a whole had scored over 60 goals by the beginning of March. 

McHugh turns 31 this summer and burnt his bridges for me by slinking off to that vile QP 'project*' in the first place. Does not fit the younger and professionally hungry players Imrie has added to the squad so far.

* Project - stuff your pockets with cash playing in a pub league, while gurning about 'ma wife and weans' to make you feel less of a grubby mercenary. Darvel's calling!

Edited by vikingTON
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 hours ago, gmfc23 said:

That's not advocating a return we could but probably won't get much better. 

I was at the QP Falkirk game a few weeks ago and few of the former Morton players on show looked in any way capable of performing at Championship level, McHugh especially who anonymous until he was subbed.

It could be as the game was a dead rubber no one on either side was exerting themselves but it was jarring to see how far players who got us to a National semi final had fallen, Quitongo especially 

here today, gone to hell

Oisin and Tom Allan released by Newcastle.

Oisin obviously a good player but not sure we have space for him now with O'Connor, Baird and Lithgow.

No doubt have offers from down south anyway.

The QP fan I know has not been complimentary of McHugh at all, and that was at League One level.

While being very realistic about our chances of signing a 25-a-season man, we really need to aim slightly higher.

EOho8Pw.png

30 minutes ago, dmcewan16 said:

Six grand a month!!

How much would he charge for an Alexander 'Zander' Easdale?

1 hour ago, gmfc_craig said:

Andrew Dallas in starting XI for Solihull Moors but no Gavin Gunning for Chesterfield in National League Play-Off Semi Final. On BT Sport 1

And scored a cracker to equalise.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw