Thread About Ex Player - Page 388 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

25 minutes ago, Toby said:

Apparently Derek Gaston was the subject of a vile tirade of racist abuse by a knuckle scraping Partick Thistle fan today, who was ejected for his troubles.

Horrible club.  Absolute scum of the earth.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

10 hours ago, Toby said:

Apparently Derek Gaston was the subject of a vile tirade of racist abuse by a knuckle scraping Partick Thistle fan today, who was ejected for his troubles.

Racist abuse? What race was the perpetrator?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'm not actually listening to it, but I can see that the Sportsound pundits for the Dundee v Hibs game are McInally and Duffy.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

43 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I'm not actually listening to it, but I can see that the Sportsound pundits for the Dundee v Hibs game are McInally and Duffy.

Paul McGowan scored the equaliser for Dundee.

In fairness to Rangers, they took swift and decisive action against the wee Ned's that were singing racist songs about an opposition player, and also imposed a punishment against the supporters club which they were affiliated with. 

What are the bets that Partick Thistle won't take any form of action whatsoever against this Manpreet character for his racist abuse of an opposition goalkeeper on Saturday?

*insert signature here*

On 8/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, Toby said:

Let’s not give them too much credit, eh? They’ve done the bare minimum that most would expect from them and communicated their statement on the back of a postage stamp, whilst, when they feel wronged the standard statement is akin to War and Peace.

And yes, you can already see the Partick fans going all out to portray the alleged perpetrator as the victim by reading the match thread on Pie and Bovril. I suspect the club will do likewise, even in the event of a conviction.

We stand with Derek Gaston.

Aye fair enough, but what's the bets* that Manpreet is still cutting about Firhill today in his best Slazengers and won't be subject to any form of ban by his club, despite being arrested for racially abusing an opposing player at their last league match?

Edit *typo

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

8 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Aye fair enough, but what's the bets* that Manpreet is still cutting about Firhill today in his best Slazengers and won't be subject to any form of ban by his club, despite being arrested for racially abusing an opposing player at their last league match?

Edit *typo

His twitter does seem to suggest he is banned from attending, until the result of the court case on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

His twitter does seem to suggest he is banned from attending, until the result of the court case on Tuesday.

Good. Although I’d imagine that’ll be part of his bail conditions, rather than a ban by Partick Thistle Family Club.

• Upvote 1