Thread About Ex Player - Page 387 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Get it round Ayr. Aye big Fjortoft was alright but our 2 centre-halves at the moment are better and don't tweet shite when sat on the bench. Shame for McAdams that he's on the bench, I can only assume he was told he would be first choice before he got injured. Salkeld tried hard and im glad hes earning his living elsewhere.

Hopefully Ayr and QotS continue to be pish, although a few good signings and maybe we wont have to worry about that.

• Upvote 1

Tidser scored for Kelty against the Midden's B team in the diddy Cup. They lost 3-0 on penalties.

Michael Doyle scored Queen's Park winning penalty in their shoot-out against Bonnyrigg.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 hours ago, helensburghton said:

Just watched the St Johnstone game,Derek Mcinnes had four layers on, .........a blazer, body warmer, jumper and a shirt! is there a micro climate in Perth? On the game, I couldn't believe it when fans were leaving early, what an achievement in the first place to be playing the likes of Galatasaray. For an extra five minutes, stay and applaud your team ffs. They won two major cups last year, it's not as if you were pumped by Albion Rovers!! 

The season ticket holders and such probably did stay but that was a full house and as such full of hingers on who aren't interested if they're not winning.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

13 hours ago, GiGi said:

The season ticket holders and such probably did stay but that was a full house and as such full of hingers on who aren't interested if they're not winning.

I’ve missed the start of a few Morton and Scotland games through transport delays etc. but have never left before the end.

• Downvote 2

I once left a game at the old Douglas Park in the 80's before half time because we were 3 down, it looked likely to get worse, and the pub opposite the train station started to look really inviting. When you've paid your gate money it's gone, if you're not enjoying part of your day out there's nothing wrong with going with a plan B.

Left early at a home game v Dundee in 1988. There were still 10-15 minutes left but we were 7-1 down and I'd seen enough. Was very shocked that there was no more scoring given the way our defence had been chucking them in.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Left early at a home game v Dundee in 1988. There were still 10-15 minutes left but we were 7-1 down and I'd seen enough. Was very shocked that there was no more scoring given the way our defence had been chucking them in.

I came in 5 minutes late to that game so missed our goal.

16 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Did exactly the same thing, first goal we'd scored in weeks. Was that not one of the first games for the bunch of Scandinavians they brought in? I also left that one after Dundee's 5th & went to the horseman.

It was their first game - Lars Christiansen and Karsten Margaard played that night.

Margaard came on as a sub and was booked for his first touch.

Bobby Linn misses one of Arbroath's penalties in their shoot-out defeat to St. Johnstone.