Thread About Ex Player - Page 383 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

There could be a couple of our ex (loan) players who were sent and accepted here as part of their apprenticeships, who could be starting for Celtic this season: Anthony Ralston and Stephen Welsh. What do they have in common with other youngsters starting to make their way in football with Morton?

42 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

There could be a couple of our ex (loan) players who were sent and accepted here as part of their apprenticeships, who could be starting for Celtic this season: Anthony Ralston 

Time for the nurse to increase the meds. 

tenor (38).gif

• Like 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

There could be a couple of our ex (loan) players who were sent and accepted here as part of their apprenticeships, who could be starting for Celtic this season: Anthony Ralston and Stephen Welsh. What do they have in common with other youngsters starting to make their way in football with Morton?

Am I missing something. Was Ralston with us?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Alan Trouten and Scott Taggart the scorers as Alloa upset Livi 2-1. Ben Armour and Andy Graham also played. 

Thomas Orr gave Stenny the lead against Thistle, but Scott Tiffoney set up Zack Rudden for the equalizer before Brian Graham won it for the visitors. Ross Forbes started and Robert Thomson later appeared for the hosts, Scott Tiffoney and "Ross MacIver" came on for Patrick. 

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

One for the fellow old-timers, just read there that Roddie Hutchison was taken to hospital in the weekend with a possible stroke. Get well soon big man! 

image.png

Not great but if he shows the same fight as he did on the football field he will hopefully recover soon. You would never describe him as naturally gifted but he had his moments.

1 hour ago, HamCam said:

Not great but if he shows the same fight as he did on the football field he will hopefully recover soon. You would never describe him as naturally gifted but he had his moments.

He was built like the proverbial brick shithouse, and didn't take any shite from anyone. Like you say, he was no Messi, but he had the heart of a lion.

Was speaking to Andy Ritchie at hospitality a few years back and Roddies name came up.

Andy related a story about at game at Cappielow v St Johnstone.

For some reason Hutchie and Billy McLaren fell out between the warm up and taking to the pitch for kick off.

Hutchie scores at the Sinclair At end after about 15 mins and runs towards the stand surrounded by team mates. Ritchie says he looks up to see McLaren running up the park from around the halfway line to join the celebration. He pushes into the middle of the huddle and sticks on on Hutchison's chin and runs away again.

The rest of the team never ever found out what they fell out.

• Upvote 2