Thread About Ex Player - Page 368 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Ross Forbes sent off in injury time as Dumbarton lose 1-0 at home to Airdrie.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The Dumbarton Survival Express is gathering steam. 2-1 win over East Fife tonight.

image.png Ross Forbes missed a penalty...

THE DUFF Mini.png ... but Greenockian Adam Frizzell scored one

THE DUFF Mini.png James Wallace played 87 minutes and was described as "good"

THE DUFF Mini.png Ruaridh Langan played 42 minutes, was subbed off for Rabin Omar; the latter also described as "good"

THE DUFF Mini.png Apparently EF's goal wasn't Ramsbottom's fault

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

I see that result leaves one of Scottish football's ambulance chasing grievance-mongers 'Partick Family Club Thistle' seven points from the top but just five above their latest relegation play-off 'trap door'. 

Dunt them into the bottom half split first and the rest can fall into place quite nicely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Sean Crichton scores an OG to put Airdrie 2-0 down at Montrose.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

He had an absolutely awful game at centre back against Brora in the Scottish Cup - it wasn't like he was there taking his chance. He was a bit better when he played in a back 3 and did more sweeping up than one on one defending (which he shirked more often than not). He just didn't play very well for us, including at centre half, and I suspect that was more on him than us. 

Scott McKenna had a rubbish loan spell at Ayr and was a Scottish international the following season. We all know that sometimes you don't get great performances out of a loan player. It happens. 

There can be a number of reasons for this, but some loan players simply aren't very committed. 

• Upvote 1

Barrie McKay is an example of that. He was played in position, and his quality was more than evident. But he didn't really change games and that was in all likelihood because he couldn't be bothered and felt he was above where he found himself. It was clear that in a better team he'd look better, and thus it proved.

No idea if you can say the same of Welsh but it wouldn't surprise me.

EOho8Pw.png

Welsh very often looked like he was of McGinty levels trying to kick or header a ball. Remarkable that he seems to be doing well at Celtic but ultimately he wasn't even significant enough with us to really be bothered one way or another, unlike with McKay who was and remains a massive prick.

AWMSC

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Barrie McKay is an example of that. He was played in position, and his quality was more than evident. But he didn't really change games and that was in all likelihood because he couldn't be bothered and felt he was above where he found himself. It was clear that in a better team he'd look better, and thus it proved.

No idea if you can say the same of Welsh but it wouldn't surprise me.

I suppose it is quite common. Reminds me of Kevin Kyle on the Open Goal podcast talking about going on loan to Rochdale, being absolutely honking and realising he had to go back to Sunderland and get his act together if he was going to make it as a footballer.

Edited by Deego

Ex-manager Kenny Shiels has steered the Missus Bunfield XI to their first international women's tournament as well. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are