Thread About Ex Player - Page 366 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

My first Morton game was in May 63. The season was late finishing as 62-63 was such a severe winter and there were so many postponements. I think the earliest Manni could have turned up was early 64 as Sorensen signed towards the latter part of the 63-64 season. I don’t think we would have been interested in another keeper after that as we had 2 other keepers, but I may be wrong.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The Ramsbottom goal is absolute comedy gold. :lol:

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, dunning1874 said:

Oaft ya absolute fucker.

At some point it stops being funny and you just start to feel sorry for him instead.

Maybe after 80 or 90 more looped plays.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Oh Jim. 

Seeing it just makes me even more gutted that he didn't end up at Falkirk.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 minute ago, Tubes said:

Ramsbottom doing his best Ramsbottom there 👏🏻

I can't remember if it was Timmins or Hopkin but someone called him a "student of the game" when he signed, which I assume is a polite way of saying that he knows what to do, he's just crap at doing it. But really, I don't even think that's true. From the age of about eight, goalies know that rule one with the ball at  your feet is safety first, just as defenders know that backpasses should be played wide of the target.

He must have the best agent in football, Mino Raiola wants some tips off this guy.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Trust the Duff?

Eh, naw!

Was just coming in to say this, he is going to get Dumbarton relegated with the honking signings that he's made since the return of that division was confirmed. Largely because his list of contacts in the game extends only to whatever agent drops off the annual cargo of ringers at Ocean Terminal every July and the producer of Super Scoreboard. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Today was Queen's Park's last game as hosts at Hampden. Bob McHugh scored their last ever goal there (barring a Challenge Cup final appearance or something) in a 3-0 win.

Where are they playing their home games from now on? Lesser hampden? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Yes, Lesser. And honestly, speaking as someone who's massively into the history of football and generally respects tradition: it's about time. This has been coming for years. 

As soon as King Snake leaves, I wish QP the best of luck in their new home. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Supposed to be Lesser, but they've had some dispute with the contractors doing the building work who packed up and left it unfinished. This is a separate issue from Covid restrictions having slowed work down and they're not expecting it to be done for the start of next season, while they're unable to continue using Hampden. It's possibly going to cost them a gigantic amount of money but no doubt Willie Haughey will pay it all if they've managed to make such a mess that it ends up costing them more than they've made from the SFA for selling Hampden.

For a club who love to talk about their history, they didn't even bother telling fans it was going to be their last ever game at Hampden until an interview with their President right before kick-off on their live stream yesterday. They'll be at Broadwood for the rest of the season but no idea for next season; Broadwood won't be an option with the Lowland League back and Cumbernauld Colts playing there as well as Clyde.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake