Thread About Ex Player - Page 365 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

I might threaten the “no such thing as a silly question” phrase here, but does this mean Jimbo gets to wash the Rangers’ players’ kit?

He’ll be undertaking menial tasks to prove his staunchness

4 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Ramsbottom played for Dumbarton as a trialist in a friendly yesterday.

How does that guy continue to pick up trials for professional teams🙈

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

"THERE may be something that Dumbarton have the Covid-19 pandemic to thank for.

Not for the two lengthy suspensions of football which have meant almost the combined total of a year out of action.

And definitely not for the need for games to be played behind closed doors.

But if things had been ordinary, Sam Ramsbottom may not have been available to sign."

That's an interesting way to try to portray a shite signing as a coup.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Astounding. Worst keeper we’ve ever had. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Astounding. Worst keeper we’ve ever had. 

I generally find posts like this to be over egging it a bit, we all love an exaggeration from time to time, but in this instance he genuinely IS the worst keeper I’ve ever seen for us. Only Andy Carlin comes close off the top of my head, and there were mitigating circumstances there.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Dumbarton Football Club - EXCLUSIVE: SAM'S SAGA COMES TO AN END

Says he was originally offered terms by Falkirk before their financial constraints kicked in. Bloody hell.

Yeah, read at the time that he was getting a deal there but it was canned as they decided to go with one less keeper. Shame he wasn't the one given the gig rather than binned.

He now has the chance to make himself an even bigger hate figure at Morton if he gifts any points to Falkirk or Partick.

This is the same football club whose fans list Henk van Shite as a 'hit' on Duffy's signing record. It's time for them to chuck it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, Toby said:

I generally find posts like this to be over egging it a bit, we all love an exaggeration from time to time, but in this instance he genuinely IS the worst keeper I’ve ever seen for us. Only Andy Carlin comes close off the top of my head, and there were mitigating circumstances there.

To be fair, we may have had worse keepers at the club (Moro Manni back in the 60s, although he didn't actually get a game for us AFAIK).  However of the keepers I have actually seen over the last 58 years, Ramsbottom is the most shockingly bad.  He appears to have the physical attributes of a keeper but then he makes mistakes every time the ball comes near him.  By the end of the Motherwell game when he first signed, it was clear he was utterly out of his depth.  Jaw-droppingly bad.  I don't think he is even league 2 standard unless he has improved immeasurably since we managed to offload him.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, Waverley said:

I think that I did see Moro Manni play, but it was surely a reserve game. Wore all black IIRC.

Don't think he ever played for the first team.  I think he was actually a waiter in Aldo's. although that might just have been a joke.  Erik Sorensen always played in black (an idea he got from Lev Yashin) so maybe Manni borrowed Erik's kit.

I also remember the "waiter" story. Now that I think about it, it was most likely a reserve game. I was normally a Cowshed fan, but I watched this particular game from the enclosure. I assume the Cowshed was closed for reserve matches.

I thought that Manni was a bit before Sorensen's time. Maybe it was Finbar Flood's kit.