Thread About Ex Player - Page 364 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

The level of booing that Collins received on his return to Cappielow while playing for Gretna is up there with the loudest negative responses for a returning player. I expected a bit of negativity, but it was really quite something. His return as assistant manager, by all accounts, was very much quieter. Neither has left him very popular with sizeable elements of the Morton support.

If he'd had simply left at the end of the 02/03 season, he'd be very fondly remembered by pretty much all the support. But it's difficult to detach that from what followed. Same thing goes for some other previous Morton favourites. 

On 3/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, TheGoon said:

Can indeed confirm even Collins family take little to do with him. Grade A tit.

One of my favourite players when I was younger and one of the best fullbacks in my near 40 years supporting morton. Can't argue with that though. He's a prick of a man. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, bigB said:

Derek Mcinnes leaves Aberdeen.

From the outside looking in, that's harsh, but it was either they trust him with another rebuilding job or went in a new direction.

Sets him up nicely for a return to Morton, the only club he ever wanted to manage.

• Like 1

EOho8Pw.png

Ross MacIver set to join Partick on loan.

He had looked to be joining Queens Park as their snake of a manager felt they didn't quite have enough of our sloppy seconds in their squad, but the Partick deal now looks like being his preferred option.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hej said:

Alex Samuel is a born again Christian.

I'm sure I remember something about him doing a carol-singing event while he was here, and saying what a pleasure it was. Something like that.

Leaving his spiritual proclivities to one side, I always thought he should have got more game time here. He's gone on to have an alright career.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

37 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

I might threaten the “no such thing as a silly question” phrase here, but does this mean Jimbo gets to wash the Rangers’ players’ kit?

No. He's only assistant kit man. So it means he gets to hand scrub the really stubborn skid marks before his boss does the main wash.