Thread About Ex Player - Page 363 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Stuart Findlay signs for the Philadelphia Union.

You just know that he'll be roundly criticised by people who don't know what they're talking about for moving to the MLS, but that's a great move for him, and certainly a step up from Kilmarnock. Good luck to him.

• Upvote 1

MLS quality really isn't that great. In terms of pay he'll be making far, far more than at Killie, however. Even the lowest-paid MLS players make an alright middle-class living and he won't be on the league minimum.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

56 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

My mate is relatively ITK at Killie and he told me he's getting paid 500k over there. The undisclosed fee was 300k to Killie. 

Better money and probably a better lifestyle - good luck to him.

MLS wages are public record via the players' union. So it'll be online soon enough. Just Google MLS player salaries and you can see what his teammates were on in 2019.

EOho8Pw.png

27 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

MLS wages are public record via the players' union. So it'll be online soon enough. Just Google MLS player salaries and you can see what his teammates were on in 2019.

I done that Google search and aye, that seems like very good wages indeed.  The 500k will probably be US Dollars, however that is still better than what a mid ranking English Championship player would get.  Certainly looks like a good move for all concerned.

*insert signature here*

Yeah, absolutely. And the league is growing in money and stature all the time. The quality is improving too. Not knocking the league at all - even though I don't really follow Dallas closely anymore I'm glad the league hasn't flamed out. 

Plus we know players from MLS have been called up before so if he's a standout, who knows? It's not a death knell for his international career at all. 

EOho8Pw.png

His two stints at ­Championship club Morton have made him a popular figure in the town.

Have they? I'm maybe a bit biased, due to being a misanthropic old git, but he left for Gretna under a bit of a cloud and he doesn't seem very fond of the club. Given how many appearances he made - and he was a very solid player for the majority of them - you never really hear him mentioned now.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png