Thread About Ex Player - Page 361 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

I've just had a chance to read the full article, and there are a couple of points I'd like to raise from it. 

- While Tumilty is absolutely entitled to expect the club to keep their promise and either put him up in a hotel overnight, or pay his travel expenses, it's completely unnecessary. Tumilty lives in Bannockburn, which is about a 50 minute drive to Cappielow. In what possible universe is a 50 minute drive classed as an unreasonable commute? I've driven that precise route hundreds of times and there's it's not exactly a taxing drive. It's also worth bearing in mind that's only every second week, Tumilty would only be driving to Renfrew or Glasgow for most away games to meet the team bus. 

Tumilty Commute.png

- While Tumilty isn't anywhere near as good as he would have you believe, he is still much better than anyone we've played at full back or wing back since he's been employed by the club. Let's look at who, while Tumilty was contracted to Morton and since then, has played at right full back/wing back;

- Stephen Welsh. Not a full back. 

- Jim McAlister. Not a full back. 

- Kyle Jacobs. Not a full back. 

- Luca Colville. Not a full back. 

- Cammy Salkeld. Not a full back.

*I'm open to this list being corrected or added to. I missed a sizable chunk of the period in question.

While some of those players are relatively comfortable and capable playing there, not one of them is a natural right back. The issue I'm driving at here is two-fold. We had Tumilty and for whatever reason, I suspect his issues with Hopkin, we didn't utilise him. That decision actively harmed the first team as we deputised him with inferior players, often playing out of position. We've then allowed him to leave and have failed to replace him. Here we are persisting with Michael Ledger at right wing back, which again is not his natural position. 

- Morton not having a physio during the week is absolutely abysmal. While I know that there were some ongoing disciplinary issues surrounding then physio Alyson Fielding, if she was suspended from duty then someone should have been brought in to cover all of her hours. Not just matchdays. Again, this actively harms the first team as physios can't do preventative work with the players at training, and the players are then left to their own devices to recover from existing injuries. 

Overall, while I mostly believe Tumilty's accounts of his time at the club, I don't find Tumilty particularly likeable and I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Ledger is not playing as a wing back because we are 5-4-1 all the way right now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Clear that Hopkin never really rated tumilty in the first place. I'd say our lack of any decent options mad ehim look better than he actually was. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 12/8/2020 at 11:47 PM, Scott said:

The only thing that’ll change is that we’ll no longer be a Championship club and will be found wandering around league 1 for the foreseeable. I would love to be proven wrong but I just don’t see how we’re going to generate enough funds through that alone to remain competitive (haha) in the championship. 

The thought of becoming another Airdrie is not a pleasant one, but hard to see any other scenario.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

18 hours ago, Doddie said:

This. Good going forward but suspect defensively and decision making poor. When a player leaves he always becomes so much better. There’s a reason he went to raith and not an spfl team 

Have Raith left the SPFL?

• 4 weeks later...

Danny Rogers carrying the ball over the line in the last minute to gift the midden a point.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Alex Samuel scores for Wycombe in the FA Cup. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 1/7/2021 at 3:38 PM, BishopLenBrennan said:

Screenshot_20210107-153545.jpg

I liked mullan when he was here. Plenty of effort and the odd flash of skill but I am continuously surprised that he keeps getting decent moves. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 8/19/2020 at 7:33 PM, TheGoon said:

Very brief mention in Garry O’Connor’s documentary. Just admits he was in no shape and wasn’t fit enough to play. It’s a decent watch.

O'Connor is due up in court for an (alleged) indecent exposure debacle at a North Berwick hotel in 2018.

Ex-Hibs striker Garry O'Connor is to stand trial accused of indecent exposure | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

EOho8Pw.png

On 1/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, Scott said:

Grant Evans joins Albion Rovers on loan. 

From where? 2011?

I can't believe he's only 37. I thought he must have been that age when he was waddling around in a Morton top posing for photos like the above.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

I can't believe he's only 37. I thought he must have been that age when he was waddling around in a Morton top posing for photos like the above.

Hard to believe he would've only be 30/31 at that time. He should've been in the peak of his career! 

10 hours ago, Scott said:

Hard to believe he would've only be 30/31 at that time. He should've been in the peak of his career! 

He just wasn't equipped - mentally, temperementally - for the big time. Also true of Derek Riordan but to a much lesser extent. O'Connor was just too daft to maintain a career. Pretty sad.

EOho8Pw.png