Thread About Ex Player - Page 356 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

On 10/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, Toby said:

I see Cambridge United are top of League Two with Jack Iredale a regular in the side. Nice to see a popular figure from his time at Cappielow doing well.

They only managed a 1-1 draw with Bolton today but they're second in the league.

Had a look and Andrew bloody Dallas plays for Cambridge as well. He has the number 9 shirt but he's only played 11 minutes in the league this season.

EOho8Pw.png

Iredale got the assist for their goal yesterday.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 10/24/2020 at 1:30 PM, capitanus said:

Unless some transient Tim was allowed to rename it without consulting the supporters, it is still called the Wee Dublin End, just like it has for over a hundred years and will continue to be called for many years to come.

I said that with tongue in cheek. Always been the WDE and any person trying to rename it the Wee Dub should be banned sine die.

Edited by Alibi
Some pedant didn't like a word.
  • Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 10/24/2020 at 10:52 PM, Deego said:

Seems Jack Purdue has broken his leg. I was disappointed we let him go and he seemed to have got off to an absolute flyer with Annan this season. I don't know him but I'm gutted for him, an absolute pisser. Hopefully he makes a good recovery and can kick on again.

Double leg break apparently.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

21 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

🤪

Yes, I hate that term “woke” too.

After a 3-0 swording from local rivals Inter Turku, Jonatan Johansson's TPS now need two wins from their last two games to avoid the relegation playoff, while hoping 10th placed Mariehamn also lose both their games.

They have one win in their last nine, which came against bottom placed RoPS who have just five points having lost 18 of their 21 games. Their overall record under Johansson is W4 D3 L9, so winning two out of two, one against second placed KuPS, is a long shot.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I am more questioning why you think it is relevant to the discussion?

I didn't realise we had to be relevant. Should have read the terms and conditions when I created my account.  Are you allowed to use the word "pedant"? :)

14 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I didn't realise we had to be relevant. Should have read the terms and conditions when I created my account.  Are you allowed to use the word "pedant"? :)

I don't understand why you think there is a 'woke' issue rather than just Gerry's shite patter. Or have I missed something?

Edited by Jamie_M

51 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Say what you want about shite patter, but our coverage of the game is far superior to Dundee's. Commentary was utter crap. No sound before the game, or at half time etc. 

Agreed, I actually quite like Gerry's commentaries (Wee Dub reference excepted, obviously), and he works well with Andy Ritchie who's surprisingly entertaining and insightful. I'm actually very impressed, credit where it's due. 

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Say what you want about shite patter, but our coverage of the game is far superior to Dundee's. Commentary was utter crap. No sound before the game, or at half time etc. 

Agreed, wasn't impressed by that Dundee commentary team at all. Gerry and Andy are far better.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Nicky Cadden played in Forest Green's 1-0 win against Grimsby last night moving them into 3rd in the League while Jack Iredale came on as a sub in Cambridge's 2-0 away win against Walsall keeping them 2nd just 2 points off Newport and 2 points ahead of Forest Green.

16 hours ago, Toby said:

Probably time to eat a bit of humble pie about Gherry- the commentary is very good, and given that the Dundee commentary is all we can really compare it to at present, he has a better understanding of the game, it appears he does his research on opposing players and, much as his patter can be grim, has a lot more charisma than that guy.

I’d say there are wee things about Morton he’s not up to speed on that probably saddos like myself pick up on, and it was obvious that he and Andy didn’t understand the format of the League Cup groups when the Queen of the South game went to penalties.

All that taken into account, and with the better picture, production, analysis and general content outwith the 90 minutes; provided Morton don't increase the prices above £14 for higher profile games, I think it’s fair to say that Morton’s stream is better value than Dundee’s for the overall service they provide.

Fair comment.

I like the fact we do re-runs of the previous games, interviews etc throughout the build up and generally make the effort to make it look decent. Both Gerry and Andy likely doing it for free, if not next to nothing. 

Dundee's was just pure shite. it's hard listening to folk mumble from up there at the best of times but it really was chronic.

Edit: i'm actually ok with him not knowing every small detail about Morton the way most folk on here probably do and i'm certainly on board with Ritchie when he criticises blindingly obvious mistakes or points out what we need to improve on. It's a far better approach than some club TV accounts that just suck right up the arse of the club, irrespective of performance or result.

Edited by TONofmemories

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Fair comment.

I like the fact we do re-runs of the previous games, interviews etc throughout the build up and generally make the effort to make it look decent. Both Gerry and Andy likely doing it for free, if not next to nothing. 

Dundee's was just pure shite. it's hard listening to folk mumble from up there at the best of times but it really was chronic.

It should also be pointed out that the only Morton player that their commentary team knew anything about was Robbie Muirhead, off the back of a few appearances for Dundee United. Mistaking Kyle Jacobs for Keghan was poor too. Is it too much to expect a commentary team to know a bit about the team they’re playing against for a game involving two teams in the same division? Especially when you’re paying £12.50 for the privilege?