Thread About Ex Player - Page 354 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

22 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It's amazing how people don't get this. Similarly it's obvious that Barrie McKay didn't try a leg for us and wasn't that good as a result. But he had excellent attributes that ended up serving him well at a higher level. If he leads Swansea/Fleetwood/whoever to a Leicesteresque Premier League title, he was still pretty poor for Morton.

But at least McKay was played in or near his natural position. If Welsh was poor because he was played out of position would you blame the manager or the player? We always seem to target the player regardless.

• Downvote 4

34 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

But at least McKay was played in or near his natural position. If Welsh was poor because he was played out of position would you blame the manager or the player? We always seem to target the player regardless.

It's a bit of both. When Ricki Lamie toiled so horribly at left back, Duffy got more of the blame than Lamie did.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

In around an hour, Jonatan Johannson's TPS take on RoPS in a bottom of the table clash. 

TPS are winless in seven, after a brief rally in August, while RoPS have just five points to TPS' 12.

You'd have to think that if TPS can't beat RoPS at home then JJ's job will be in jeopardy.

TPS thump hapless Rovaniemi 4-1. Nonetheless they remain second last in the table, 4 points behind Haka but with a game in hand.

If they do end up finishing 2nd last, they enter a relegation playoff against the team placed second in the First Division.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

FTFY.

🤮

Think we should delete all mention of that and never acknowledge it again.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

6 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

Jim Townsend who played for us in the 70s has pased away aged 75.

Great player, always gave his all also played for St Johnstone and Hearts 

A legend with Hearts where he was a very hard but skilful midfielder who scored a few goals. Came back to his home town of Greenock to finish his career.

• Downvote 2

I still remember a colleague of mine ranting about how good a midfield of Joe Mason and Jim Townsend would be. It almost came to fruition but, unfortunately, Joe left shortly before Jim arrived and my colleague's wish became only a dream.

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Welsh caught napping by the 14 time European trophy winners for the opening goal, which comes as a huge surprise to absolutely nobody who saw him getting caught roasted by such crack European outfits like Inverness Caley Thistle. 

Greenie to cancel out the red from that returning cunt, Eric M. Hello Eric M, you cunt.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age but it's not nice to see a young player suffer like that. It's not his fault he lined up against Milan. He didn't pick himself.

When you are that crap at Football then you know that you don't belong on the field of play, regardless of what age you are.  Thousands would have loved a game at the San Giro tonight, but they have to live with the fact they're not good enough so they don't get that opportunity.  Whereas he's not good enough but he gets a game, makes a cunt of things (again), gets well paid for it PLUS he gets sympathy for being shite.

Naw, that's not fair.

Next.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

2 minutes ago, capitanus said:

When you are that crap at Football then you know that you don't belong on the field of play, regardless of what age you are.  Thousands would have loved a game at the San Giro tonight, but they have to live with the fact they're not good enough so they don't get that opportunity.  Whereas he's not good enough but he gets a game, makes a cunt of things (again), gets well paid for it PLUS he gets sympathy for being shite.

Naw, that's not fair.

Next.

Can’t say I’ve got any real ill will towards Welsh, but he doesn’t play for us and I very much doubt he’ll be good enough to play for Scotland so I’m hardly going to lose any sleep over a Celtic youngster having a shiter. He’s no Thomas O’Ware in terms of unpopularity amongst us, but let’s be honest, he’s hardly one of our own either. He passed through for a couple of months, is now playing for his parent club and just had a tough time of it, it happens.

If it comes between a choice of pointing and laughing at DOT for backing the wrong horse again or pitying a Celtic player, I’m afraid there’s only one winner.