Thread About Ex Player - Page 349 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

2 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Do we still get transfer cut ? 

We would get a very modest solidarity payment if he moved for a fee from one country (Association) to another. Solidarity payments comprise 5% of the total transfer fee payable by the buying club and are split between those clubs for which the player was registered between the ages of 12 and 23. So we had him from, I think, 20 to 23. Before that he was with PSG and whatever daft wee clubs he played for as a youth. So the 5% would be split between ourselves, PSG, and those youth clubs. It is weighted slightly in favor of later years: you get 5% of the 5% for each season aged 12-15, then 10% of the 5% for each subsequent year up to 23. So if we got him in June 2010, that was the season in which he turned 21. So multiply that by three, 30%. 30% of 5% is 1.5.

Long story short: assuming the transfer is a regular sale and we've done our paperwork, we'd get 1.5% of the buyer's fee, which in the case of a 600k GBP transfer is 9000 GBP.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Worth remembering that when we let the wee rat go to Ostersund we did have a sell-on fee, which got us a pretty penny. Around 150k GBP, if memory serves. Maybe our one good piece of transfer business in the last, what, 20 years? But you wouldn't get a secondary sell-on fee. That sell-on that OFK were bound to pay us is now history. Any sell-on agreement will now be between OFK and Malmo.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Worth remembering that when we let the wee rat go to Ostersund we did have a sell-on fee, which got us a pretty penny. Around 150k GBP, if memory serves. Maybe our one good piece of transfer business in the last, what, 20 years? But you wouldn't get a secondary sell-on fee. That sell-on that OFK were bound to pay us is now history. Any sell-on agreement will now be between OFK and Malmo.

Getting money for Scott Tiffoney was...something, even if it did land us with Henk.

43 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Robby McCrorie to be named in the Scotland squad tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53894763

How many ex-ton players is that now that have been in the squads since 2010? McKay, Findlay, McCrorrie, Shankland...

Hilarious how bad some of them were on loan at us.

Edited by so72

For all that McKay was bad with us, he clearly, obviously, blaringly was full of ability. He just had an absolutely crap attitude.

Findlay was a baller.

McCrorie, solid 'keeper, but I'll be surprised if he makes it to Scotland number one.

I would never, ever, ever have guessed that Shankland would go on to have a good career.

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, so72 said:

How many ex-ton players is that now that have been in the squads since 2010? McKay, Findlay, McCrorrie, Shankland...

Hilarious how bad some of them were on loan at us.

I’d argue that it’s a bit of a myth how bad they were with us- Findlay and McCrorie certainly weren’t, and much as they weren’t outstanding, it could be argued that McKay and Shankland weren’t exactly stinking the place out the way guys like O’Connor, Sampaio, Simmonds and Dykes did.

McKay’s record was 3 goals in 18 games (4 as a sub), including our only winning goal away from home (in the league!) that season. Perhaps because he went on to be Rangers’ most high profile asset for a time after not doing so much here, and it was under our noses as we were sharing a division with them, he’s looked upon as being really bad instead of just another who it didn’t really happen for.

Shankland had a similar record- again not great, and in contrast to his subsequent form at Ayr and Dundee United it was frustrating, as well as him managing to do a job on us for St. Mirren before he arrived, it’s easy to just say he was utter shite, but I don’t think that was necessarily the case.

Tl; dr- they didn’t exactly pull up trees here, but I think a bit of perspective about their time at the club should maybe be used from time to time. They weren’t that bad.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I’d argue that it’s a bit of a myth how bad they were with us- Findlay and McCrorie certainly weren’t, and much as they weren’t outstanding, it could be argued that McKay and Shankland weren’t exactly stinking the place out the way guys like O’Connor, Sampaio, Simmonds and Dykes did.

McKay’s record was 3 goals in 18 games (4 as a sub), including our only winning goal away from home (in the league!) that season. Perhaps because he went on to be Rangers’ most high profile asset for a time after not doing so much here, and it was under our noses as we were sharing a division with them, he’s looked upon as being really bad instead of just another who it didn’t really happen for.

Shankland had a similar record- again not great, and in contrast to his subsequent form at Ayr and Dundee United it was frustrating, as well as him managing to do a job on us for St. Mirren before he arrived, it’s easy to just say he was utter shite, but I don’t think that was necessarily the case.

Tl; dr- they didn’t exactly pull up trees here, but I think a bit of perspective about their time at the club should maybe be used from time to time. They weren’t that bad.

For sure im not counting findlay or McCrorrie as being rubbish, the latter was probably the most talented keeper we've had. 

Can see your point with the other two but they'll be judged by most against where they are now which maybe unfair but only natural

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

McCrorie, solid 'keeper, but I'll be surprised if he makes it to Scotland number one.

I wouldn't. He's 22, has about 100 professional first team appearances and has already played in just about every tier of the SPFL. Now an established premiership keeper. Who else is ready to make the step up when Gordon, McGregor and Marshall retire?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I always felt McCrorie was impressive enough that he had a serious chance of becoming number one for both Rangers and Scotland, but didn't expect him to be making a squad this soon. Good for him, although he's highly unlikely to be capped just now.

Nice as it is to see players who were liked in loan spells here getting a shot at international football, it would be good if Ricki Lamie's form of consistently being the only player in Motherwell's defence not to make a tit of himself continues and he gets a call-up as a result - in the season so far he's looked a better player than Declan Gallagher. Seeing someone who actually had their most significant years of development at Cappielow and transformed as a player in that time get to a Scotland squad would be really good to see.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The issue with both McKay and Shankland is not their actual playing statistics for the club: even Shankland's goals tally was decent enough, albeit padded out with a few in dead rubber games towards the end of the season IIRC. It is their stinking attitudes in viewing this once-proud football club as a shelter for disinterested or patently unfit footballers in Shankland's case until they 'got their head together' and successfully restarted their career elsewhere. Toby refers to it as just not happening for McKay here but in my view both he and Shankland were largely responsible for that through their own conduct, which is worse every time than having some dung but honest donkey figure like, say, Kudus Oyenuga kick around the place for a season before being punted. 

On a related note, I see that the Little People's fans are ripping their knitting all over P and B about their hero Ross 'flapper' Doohan now being far below the pecking order than McCrorie: which was of course a decision anyone with a functioning brain could have made fully eighteen months ago. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I've never quite got the Fred hate. He was part of that relegated side, but who wasn't pish that year - even Sir Dougie Imrie flattered to deceive. Also played quite well at Parkhead on that famous night. 

If Imrie 'flattered to deceive' as pretty much the only effective player in the team then I'm not sure that there's a strong enough adjective in the English language to describe Bachirou's utterly pathetic 70 league goals conceded showing in a defensive midfield role - including on that disgraceful day at Hamilton when he acted as a glorified runway marshal pointing the way to the Morton goal. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are