Thread About Ex Player - Page 335 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

As I’ve been informed...the whole ‘gimmick’ is that there isn’t proper football discussion, just patter. If it’s supposed to be funny I’m clearly missing the jokes.

Aye, I don’t really know much about the podcast, but nobody with a modicum of knowledge of the Scottish leagues could possibly suggest Witteveen as being anywhere close to the one of the worst players to play in them.

Supposedly it was top flight only, but even at that they've picked players who wouldn't make a worst 500.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As I’ve been informed...the whole ‘gimmick’ is that there isn’t proper football discussion, just patter. If it’s supposed to be funny I’m clearly missing the jokes.

Aye, I saw you talking about it on Twitter this morning.

I’ve never really been a big fan but watched the interviews sporadically. If there was a guest that I felt that would be worth listening to I’d happily put it on. Since lockdown I’ve listened to James McPake, Leigh Griffiths and Clint Hill in the last three weeks. The only one I’d have really been interested in under normal circumstances would’ve been Griffiths, but I found all three interviews to be quite entertaining and enlightening- McPake dishing a bit of dirt on Maurice Malpas and Hill on Mark Hughes were great. And Ferry does have a bit of patter. He keeps his interviews relaxed, doesn’t creep up to his interviewees like some Greenock based podcaster I remember from his early interviews before I stopped listening, and his research is pretty good too. You get the impression there’s very little left out by the end of his interviews. Although there was no mention of McPake playing for us, but that probably says more about his time here than Ferry’s research.

Contrast that with the “Keeping The Ball On The Ground” podcast, which is awful. I’ve said before that I’m not a fan of Paul Slane, and Kevin Kyle just comes across as a younger “auld duffer” type than Alan Rough is on PLZ. Just about everyone who posts on here has a far better knowledge of Scottish football than him. While I’m at it, Gordon Dalziel on Clyde 1 is another of that ilk that is stealing a wage. There’s obviously a market for light hearted football debate, and I don’t expect it to be too high browed but Slane in particular is unwatchable. If a wee fanny like that came and sat at your table in a pub there would definitely be one party getting to fuck sooner rather than later.

Ferry will probably make himself a good career in the media in years to come, but he’ll have to reconsider the format of his work to do so. I suppose a miserable 40 year old Morton fan like myself isn’t necessarily the target audience, but listening to a wee ned shouting and swearing into a webcam is only going to be funny for so long, even to the neds.

Think I need to go back to work, got too much time on my hands getting bothered by stuff like this.

Paul Slane played for both Ayr United and Clyde and so automatically wins any most dung SPFL footballer award. Even his fellow traveller in the shite footballer/shite patter stakes Dean Keenan only managed the former.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not convinced that other teams will necessarily fall for the trap in our 'two left backs and no right back' formation tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Jack Iredale has been let go by Carlisle. One of the few ex-players that’ll end up linked with us I’d actually take back.

Not that the club will really be thinking about signings at the moment, but whenever we are back round to new signings you wonder how he'd do at centre back seen as we've no need for a new first choice left back.

If he could cut it at centre back, Strapp - Iredale - Gunning - Tumilty as a back four with a couple of cover options would do fine.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just sign Iredale anyway and play him up front. We've had worse forwards.

Then sign Gunning and play him wherever the fuck he wants.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Keeping the ball on the ground is actually quite funny. It's not supposed to be serious and it's blatantly obviously that everything that comes out of Slaney's mouth is a joke.

I quite enjoy all their podcasts tbf, be it open goal, KTBOTG or the car school ones. 

• Downvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Jack Iredale has been let go by Carlisle. One of the few ex-players that’ll end up linked with us I’d actually take back.

I'd have Jack Iredale back in a heartbeat. He was a good defender, in an otherwise ropey defence.

*insert signature here*

Not that the club will really be thinking about signings at the moment, but whenever we are back round to new signings you wonder how he'd do at centre back seen as we've no need for a new first choice left back.

If he could cut it at centre back, Strapp - Iredale - Gunning - Tumilty as a back four with a couple of cover options would do fine.

That defence. :o :o

*insert signature here*

Keeping the ball on the ground is actually quite funny. It's not supposed to be serious and it's blatantly obviously that everything that comes out of Slaney's mouth is a joke.

I quite enjoy all their podcasts tbf, be it open goal, KTBOTG or the car school ones.

I get that it’s meant to be a joke. Likewise, Janey Godley’s impressions of Nicola Sturgeon are intended to be a good laugh, but are as funny as cancer. Edited by Toby
  • Upvote 1

Interview with Allan Jenkins (Belfast Tele).

Mention of him leaving Scapa and that one of his highlights was his goal against us at Stair Park.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/footballers-lives/footballers-lives-with-allan-jenkins-mums-cancer-diagnosis-sparked-my-flood-of-emotion-after-scoring-in-league-cup-final-39207702.html

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.