Thread About Ex Player - Page 331 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Morton have been a Greenock club for the entirety of their 146 years of unbroken history, yet are suffering from declining crowds.

Would you be happy for Morton to move to somewhere like East Kilbride or Irvine?

If moving away from Greenock was going to be the salvation of the club, then it would be worth considering. However, the crowds which Morton are currently getting are relatively comparable with similar clubs in similar sized towns such as Ayr United, QotS, Raith Rovers etc. So whilst were not getting the massive crowds of yesteryear, we're not in too bad a state in that respect. Also, whilst there may be some Morton supporters from elsewhere, the overwhelming majority of Morton supporters will be from Greenock, Gourock and the Port; so maybe removing Morton from its natural constituency wouldn't be the best thing for them.

Also, it's not exactly a like for like comparison with Clyde FC. Clyde were made homeless by their landlords, they were from an impoverished part of town which had high unemployment and other social issues, when they groundshared for a while through necessity it took them away from their natural constituency, then they found a new home in a new location. There is lot about Clyde FC which leaves a lot to be desired - including the location of Broadwood but the move to Cumbernauld was arguably the clubs salvation. They could have easily have went the same way as Clydebank otherwise.

*insert signature here*

In the Tele today. Another Project Brave-related fuck up, this time to do with the pitch quality of those rented from Inverclyde Council.

Can you, or someone else, post the specifics of this? I'd be quite interested to see exactly what the issue is. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Thomas ‘King Snake’ O’Ware will be privately furious about this, as he contemplates seaside league football with his stupid wee outfit next season instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I cant believe that Ross Forbes is only 31 today.

Just scored against Forfar.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Tinpot league found.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are