Thread About Ex Player - Page 305 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

It's really not a mystery at all. Bachirou's performances in the last year at the club were truly abysmal and the only two logical explanations are:

i) he was completely out of his depth playing in the Scottish Championship or 

ii) he was barely trying a leg having slithered back to the club after an entire summer spent flashing his knickers in the free agent market to no avail

The only real debate going on for the past five years is how much of that garbage return could be attributed to column i) and how much to column ii). So all your observation does is further the 'mercenary snake' thesis, albeit long after the facts and his tactically inept displays at a far lower level. 

There is also a possible third explanation..

iii) he was being played in a role/position that did not exploit his strengths and/or exposed his weaknesses

From memory I think I only saw him twice in the fateful season, so I accept I can't really have a considered opinion. My gut felling though is it was perhaps a combination of ii) and iii), with the former being as a direct result of the latter. 

Taggart was playing that role, sitting in front of the back four.

Moore never really used that type of role, and he changed things up quite a bit that season so there were a few variations. We changed between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 (4-3-3). Moore was never one for playing 4-2-3-1. He didn't play a discernable 2 behind a 3 - that's just not how he set up his teams (it might have been helpful if he did).

This is complete and utter nonsense; when Hands for example played it was almost always in a 4-2-3-1; similar with Taggart when Shiels moved him there. And Bachirou, the player with the most appearances in the squad that season, was always the other player in that two.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There is also a possible third explanation..

iii) he was being played in a role/position that did not exploit his strengths and/or exposed his weaknesses

From memory I think I only saw him twice in the fateful season, so I accept I can't really have a considered opinion. My gut felling though is it was perhaps a combination of ii) and iii), with the former being as a direct result of the latter.

Except for the fact that his position and the manager instructing him didn’t change at all between the 12/13 season (performances good; team not shipping goals for fun) and the following one, in which he was utterly abysmal and it did. So we can file that ‘wrong position’ excuse in the bin where it belongs then.

FWIW I’d put it at around 15% incompetence- largely ball-watching and so letting midfielders run straight through at our shambolic defence (sounds familiar right now) and 85% being a disinterested mercenary.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

FWIW I’d put it at around 15% incompetence- largely ball-watching and so letting midfielders run straight through at our shambolic defence (sounds familiar right now) and 85% being a disinterested mercenary.

So we're fully agreed then, it was a combination of ii (disinterest) and iii (incompetence in the role he was being asked to fulfill).  Excellent :) As I admitted I only saw his a couple of times that season, I'll accept your percentages. 

Bachirou was an excellent player. Wouldn’t doubt that he maybe lost his motivation in a truly awful season... was probably desperate to get away from Morton.

Undoubtedly one of our top midfielders in the last 20 years.

• Downvote 3

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

What is this?

It’s a two week event at this time every season designed to draw as much attention to Rio Ferdinand as possible for an issue that he has only tenuous links to because he’s a complete fanny combat racism in football.

• Upvote 1

https://gmfc.net/2019/10/04/show-racism-the-red-card-2/

Normally they have red cards on their shirts and do some sort of ceremony where the teams stand around the centre circle and hold up red cards.

The 'Racism' that most often manifests itself in Scottish Football tends to be aimed at Catholics of Irish ancestry, and Scottish football as a whole - The clubs, the authorities, the media and even the supporters - all seem to be in denial about this.

When will they be standing around in the centre circles holding up green cards in solidarity with those who suffer more racism than any other ethnic group in Scotland?

*insert signature here*

It’s a two week event at this time every season designed to draw as much attention to Rio Ferdinand as possible for an issue that he has only tenuous links to because he’s a complete fanny combat racism in football.

No doubt the totally worthwhile rainbow laces campaign will be coming up soon as well.
  • Upvote 1

Biģotry against Catholics is not racism. It iscreligious bigotry. Any one of any race can be catholic, and can even change to or from that religion. You can't change race. Anyway, everyone is in the human race - the differences are just differences in evoluion over millions of years.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."