Thread About Ex Player - Page 293 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Dean Keenan is an utter arsehole of a boy. No other words required.

I disagree. The comprehensive study into exactly how terrible he is was absolutely required. It has now been scientifically proven that he's the second-worst person in the history of our 145-year-old institution.

EOho8Pw.png

Dont know if this has been mentioned already but I recently listened to a podcast called Lower League Ramblings in which East Fife’s Danny Denholm interviewed ex Morton forward Bobby Linn about his career.

Linn gave more interesting insights into the high levels of professionalism and discipline instilled by Jim McInally whilst he was in charge. Amongst other lovely stories Linn recounted how:

Dean Keenan pissed into the pot of soup which was made for the players’ lunch at Quarriers.

Michael Gardyne shat in Linn’s new trainers.

Keenan missed an away match at Stranraer after being injured at a bowling club where the players had stopped for lunch. Keenan had apparently suffered a head injury after lying down on the bowling green and instructing Ryan Harding to bowl a ball at his head full force.

Bobby Linn, idea for a TV show...

• Upvote 2

That the club had so much money back then (relatively speaking) but squandered it all employing dud wasters like Keenan and that incompetent tool of a manager never fails to generate seethe. That period of perennial, 'glorious' failure from 2004 through 2007 did far more to leave the club where it is now than either the collapse of the previous season or all the terrible management of the last decade. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That the club had so much money back then (relatively speaking) but squandered it all employing dud wasters like Keenan and that incompetent tool of a manager never fails to generate seethe. That period of perennial, 'glorious' failure from 2004 through 2007 did far more to leave the club where it is now than either the collapse of the previous season or all the terrible management of the last decade.

With the right manager in charge we should’ve reached the SPL in that period, we were getting good crowds and splashing cash, most of it squandered though.
  • Upvote 1

What makes it even worse is we now need to indirectly pay it all back to the Raes.

More recently an ex-manager rather than player, but Jim Duffy predicted St Johnstone to be relegated on Radio Clyde. Tommy Wright has not taken kindly to this:

“We've been written off by part-time managers who are pundits and who really shouldn't be commenting about other teams. (They should) concentrate on and look after their own team. Some of these managers are part-time for a reason, because they've failed previously."

It’s certainly a seething over-reaction to a pundit being asked for a prediction, but he’s not wrong about why Duffy’s ended up where he is.

Edited by dunning1874

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It’s certainly a seething over-reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpYW_w5pgo

'Wright represented Northern Ireland 31 times as a player.'

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I hope St Johnstone really struggle this season. If Wright’s working himself into a shoot this much before a ball’s even been kicked then goodness knows what he’ll be like around October. The idea that Duffy can’t predict how they’ll do because of his own career is such nonsense as well.

Speaking as a blowhard with no relevant expertise myself, I agree that Wright is wrong, but at the same time he's absolutely shanked Duffy's managerial record in one devastating sentence. Which is pretty hilarious.

EOho8Pw.png

More recently an ex-manager rather than player, but Jim Duffy predicted St Johnstone to be relegated on Radio Clyde. Tommy Wright has not taken kindly to this:

“We've been written off by part-time managers who are pundits and who really shouldn't be commenting about other teams. (They should) concentrate on and look after their own team. Some of these managers are part-time for a reason, because they've failed previously."

It’s certainly a seething over-reaction to a pundit being asked for a prediction, but he’s not wrong about why Duffy’s ended up where he is.

Fucking hell, Tommy Wright is pulling absolutely no punches there :lol: 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Shankland scoring for United already.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Shankland hat-trick.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.