Thread About Ex Player - Page 292 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Ross Forbes got the deciding goal for Forfar against St. Johnstone today.

Teams with "Saint" in their name look like struggling this season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas goes on to have a reasonable career, it's hardly damning that a 19 year old proved out of his depth when thrown into the Championship halfway through the season. Plus English football has a track record of taking even completely useless, haddy forwards from Scotland and making them look good in their dung setup (see Akins, Lucas - English League One stalwart and occasional Championship hotshot striker; also Clayton fucking Donaldson). 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dallas is young enough to improve, but he was Adam Coakley levels of out of his depth. Of the many centre forwards who’ve succeeded in England after being hilariously bad in Scotland most have been big physical lumps like James Collins, whereas a lack of physical presence is one of Dallas’ biggest weaknesses.

Again he’s only 19 so that’s a thing that’ll develop and he could improve all round, but let’s be honest. If a player came through our development squad to the fringes of the first team and offered up the performances he did last season, he’d have been released and would have spent the summer scrambling for a contract on trial at the likes of Brechin and Cowdenbeath.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I think you've forgotten just how truly terrible Adam Coakley was, as that's not a valid comparison at all tbh. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I did mean to say “was verging on’ and that was going to be a hyperbolic illustration of Dallas being useless because no one is actually as bad as Adam Coakley, but yeah as I didn’t it’s reasonable to say I’ve fucked it..

I stand by the Brechin/Cowdenbeath point.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Dallas was awful. I'd be annoyed if he is actually a decent player, because he did nothing with us to suggest that is the case. You have to assume that no-one connected to Cambridge Utd scouted him in his time with us.

Maybe there is something there, but it was tough to actually tell since he was so far off the pace. He didn't look any better than the likes of Ben Armour, which goes along with the type of point Dunning is making. Surprised he's got this move.

Dallas was awful. I'd be annoyed if he is actually a decent player, because he did nothing with us to suggest that is the case. You have to assume that no-one connected to Cambridge Utd scouted him in his time with us.

Maybe there is something there, but it was tough to actually tell since he was so far off the pace. He didn't look any better than the likes of Ben Armour, which goes along with the type of point Dunning is making. Surprised he's got this move.

Dallas scored in a Rangers Development Squad 2-0 win over Cambridge a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps that and some YouTube was the extent of their scouting.

Two year deal for him at The Abbey.

EOho8Pw.png

Dallas scored in a Rangers Development Squad 2-0 win over Cambridge a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps that and some YouTube was the extent of their scouting.

Two year deal for him at The Abbey.

Also played a trial match for them against Leicester and they liked what they saw.

Former fans’ favourite Robert “Bobby” Barr opened the scoring for Lowland League heavyweights East Stirling in their 4-0 swording of hapless Edinburgh University at some League One bus shelter that doubles as their home ground.

Mark Millar and Nicky Low also scored.

Former fans’ favourite Robert “Bobby” Barr opened the scoring for Lowland League heavyweights East Stirling in their 4-0 swording of hapless Edinburgh University at some League One bus shelter that doubles as their home ground.

Mark Millar and Nicky Low also scored.

Good quality players with proper cvs.

Sort of players we should be signing surely.

• Downvote 1

They also have Willie Dyer, Peter MacDonald, and Eddie Malone (played on trial for us once.)

Think there's a reason most of these guys have dropped down to that level. Probably decent money, little by way of training commitments, and a chance to do other things with their days.

Good luck to Peaso and Dyer, the former being a good club servant and the latter pretty inoffensive.

EOho8Pw.png

They also have Willie Dyer, Peter MacDonald, and Eddie Malone (played on trial for us once.)

Think there's a reason most of these guys have dropped down to that level. Probably decent money, little by way of training commitments, and a chance to do other things with their days.

Good luck to Peaso and Dyer, the former being a good club servant and the latter pretty inoffensive.

Two mentions of Peaso without the video. Not good enough. Mods, sort this out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_Pm9bzP9U

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Dont know if this has been mentioned already but I recently listened to a podcast called Lower League Ramblings in which East Fife’s Danny Denholm interviewed ex Morton forward Bobby Linn about his career.

Linn gave more interesting insights into the high levels of professionalism and discipline instilled by Jim McInally whilst he was in charge. Amongst other lovely stories Linn recounted how:

Dean Keenan pissed into the pot of soup which was made for the players’ lunch at Quarriers.

Michael Gardyne shat in Linn’s new trainers.

Keenan missed an away match at Stranraer after being injured at a bowling club where the players had stopped for lunch. Keenan had apparently suffered a head injury after lying down on the bowling green and instructing Ryan Harding to bowl a ball at his head full force.