Thread About Ex Player - Page 266 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Thread About Ex Player

KingsTON

Ian McCall was on off the ball on Saturday, touched on his time as Morton manager. Was actually very complimentary about the club but very clear he hates Hugh Scott as much as we do. Didn't actually name him as he said he'd get another lawyers letter if he did! Also stated he couldn't believe the "close down like the shipyards" line.

Ian McCall was on off the ball on Saturday, touched on his time as Morton manager. Was actually very complimentary about the club but very clear he hates Hugh Scott as much as we do. Didn't actually name him as he said he'd get another lawyers letter if he did! Also stated he couldn't believe the "close down like the shipyards" line.

I remember being at Airdrie for a game when McCall was manager and our support was singing "If you hate Hugh Scott clap your hands".  McCall made a point of joining in with the clapping.  Fair to say he didn't like Scott.

Edited by Alibi

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Ian McCall was on off the ball on Saturday, touched on his time as Morton manager. Was actually very complimentary about the club but very clear he hates Hugh Scott as much as we do. Didn't actually name him as he said he'd get another lawyers letter if he did! Also stated he couldn't believe the "close down like the shipyards" line.

Right guy, worst possible time. Really regret him not getting the chance to do a proper job for us.

Scott was desperate to fire McCall. He even tried to get someone to complain that he had been smoking in a no-smoking area so he could turn it into a disciplinary issue.

The whole thing was a disgrace. Standing out side waiting on pay. Horrible.

His tactic of having us play non-football in the Cup tie at Love street against Rangers (even when we went a goal down) annoyed me, but other than that he had potential and was definitely with us at the wrong time.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

His tactic of having us play non-football in the Cup tie at Love street against Rangers (even when we went a goal down) annoyed me, but other than that he had potential and was definitely with us at the wrong time.

We play non football most weeks under JJ.

We play non football most weeks under JJ.

Which also annoys me.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Shug was probably in his ear about a replay.

I’d take him in a second over JJ.

It’s somewhat perturbing that was nearly 20 years ago.

Edited by RealTonKid

Shug was probably in his ear about a replay.

I’d take him in a second over JJ.

It’s somewhat perturbing that was nearly 20 years ago.

Indeed.

That was the day of a "red card to HS" display in the Morton end. His right hand man (forget the name) was standing near the Caley stand and was getting dog's abuse. The police seized the takings that day so Shug saw hee-haw.

Seem the remember a deadco fan being chucked out of our end and that the Earnshaw family were sitting in the row behind me.

• Upvote 1

Indeed.

That was the day of a "red card to HS" display in the Morton end. His right hand man (forget the name) was standing near the Caley stand and was getting dog's abuse. The police seized the takings that day so Shug saw hee-haw.

Seem the remember a deadco fan being chucked out of our end and that the Earnshaw family were sitting in the row behind me.

Jim McCallion was it?

• Upvote 1

Jim McCallion was it?

Yep - that was it.

I remember the day Hugh Scott was at Cliftonhill when he walked in with the fans , when you could still use the terracing side - he was not too happy when many of us said to him we would be watching Morton long after he was gone - horrible wee man...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren